It's not real. It's pretend. Get over it.
As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.
After posting my refutation of critics choices in the top 20 movies worldwide, I now enter in what my picks would be, which I do not have time nor donations for. There probably are not 20 great movies out there in the first place, but I will give this a go in see what fills in.
I have already stated that Akira Kirasowa’s The Seven Samurai is the best film of all time. That means it shoves Hollywood to the shit pile in what they produce. This is not Godzilla crap to make fun of. This is as finely crafted story as anything William Shakespeare produced.
So with that, I will start with the Great Movie and work my way down to movies that displace the turd balls the critics list.
1. The Seven Samurai.
2. Alien II. This is Ridley Scott’s best film as it surpasses the original and is pure venom in action. I don’t know if it is #2, but it is a fine movie.
3. The Drop, starring Tom Hardy. I honestly got distracted by this movie as was intended over the puppy and I never saw what was coming. This is a movie thanks to Paul and it is one of my favorites.
4. Painted Skin, the Resurrection. Again innovation in martial arts which changed all. This was the artistic fulfillment of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.
5. Somewhere on this list should be the German Film Run Lola Run, it is innovative, interesting, moving and is worth the time.
6. This is going to start with Arnold Schwartzenegger filling two slots. The first is Alien I. Yes this is a B Grade performance........but it overcomes all of it with the Alien.
7. Arnold appears again in Terminator. I rank both 1 and 2 as films, but for different reasons in 1 was terrifying and in 2 the terror becomes the protector. Arnold is no great actor, but he was in very groundbreaking films.
8. The Wild Bunch. I was fascinated by Sam Peckinpah’s shooting of the first 20 minutes from different vantage points in this mass murder in slow motion to keep changing the perspective
9. The Good The Bad and The Ugly. My reason for this is not Clint Eastwood. He never was in a great film. This is Eli Wallach who brought Tuco alive as the most notorious of characters. He carries this entire Italian made movie which caused all of us to suffer through horrid sphagetti westerns.
10. As John Wayne was stuck in there with the morbid The Searchers, a much better film out of Batjac was Big Jake. This is a film of wonderful director shots and a storyline which holds the entire way through. This is John Wayne’s best film.
11. I do not have anything including Jimmy Stewart. I like the man, but he was never in a great movie or a good movie, except Cheyenne Social Club, but that does not mean he should be included. So we instead include Bruce Willis, let us go with Die Hard.
12. Drive Angry. Nicholas Cage as most of his movies are starring him. He is listed with his best.
13. The Dirty Dozen. Lee Marvin carries this movie as he carries most films which would have laid on the floor as dead.
14. As I said I do not think there are 20 great movies
15
16
17
18
19
20.
I loathe Italian gangster movies top to bottom. I see nothing in criminals nor people who can not articulate English and murder people as glam.
I was moved to want to make movies by the film Back to the Future, not a great movie, but a fun movie.
If I think of anything more I might post it. I have seen a number of very entertaining movies which were well done, but that does not make them great. I guess my criteria is innovative or being able to catch me in my jaded having seen everything. That does not mean perverted or degrading. It is defined by being able to accomplish something on film that is not an unhappy ending or makes you feel terrible.
Nuff Said
agtG
CLICK HERE to support the popular girl