Saturday, January 26, 2013

Art of the Gun



Rex Applegate and Jeff Cooper were two of the finest craftsman in the art of combat, both in knife and firearm arts. In stating that, one can have flashy knives and guns, in Hollywood style which are absolutely worthless to the average person.

I'm armed constantly and never consider myself armed, but I traverse the large metro areas in full view of police and yet am armed without license. My tool which I carry is an Old Timer, Schrade Cutlery, Trapper.
This knife has two blades, one being a sharp point for making cuts in hides and the other a rounded blunt skinner for pelting hides.

It has no lock back, for it's design is pelting furbearing animals. It is though perfectly balanced and I never chose it to kill people or get into fights with. It is simply what I carry by choice and what I probably would forget I have in my pocket as much as my bright little LED flashlight to blind a criminal as that is my personal mentality, in defensive mode in taking actions to ward people off before a situation ever begins.

I was discussing things with the TL while in the check out line in how a throat punch is the best measure if one has a life threatening contact where retreat is not available, if one does not have some oven spray or some other thing in aerosol to make a person's eyes close and make them think of other things.

All sorts of things are weapons, which include spikes in a dowel to a screwdriver, to a small ball pein hammer, which the authorities have not figured out yet makes a quasi brass knuckle, and keeps your knuckles from being broken when striking an assailant.

In my psychology, I have always been someone who prefers shotguns and artillery.......I prefer old cannon to modern Howitzers. While I have always been an experts marksman or deemed a rifleman, I do not like chance in any situation. I prefer the trench gun, or 12 gauge shotgun with buckshot, in a light load for control in a pump.

I have no time for semi auto, although I do own them. I also detest full auto guns, as all they do is burn barrels out, and few people can control that kind of recoil as muzzle blast, recoil and flash just intimidate shooters in a short  time, as people do not have ear plugs nor safety glasses on.
One must always compensate for auto and semi auto actions, as the creep always goes up and to the side one is pulling to compensate for the recoil. Hollywood is great at showing fiction, but none of it fits reality.

If you were to give me one single shot 12 gauge shotgun, a modicum of cover, I could consistantly take on a group of 10 criminals and win every time. Place me with a single shot pistol in the same scenario, and my criminals had semi autos pistols, and I would win in a fight like that too, as I have been trained for it.

Time and again one can see these old fat service men or video freak children, out gun numerous SWAT law enforcement and win, for the simple reason that John Wayne said in the Shootist. You have to be willing and most people are not willing and will flinch or think about things first.
There is a vast difference hetween shooting things on a range and being in a live firefight with distractions.

The fame Dirty Harry in his 44 magnum, shot Smith and Wesson special loads, for the simple reason he did not need bullets blowing through cirminals and killing other police or civilians.

There are balances in this in one is better off with a 22 that they can put on target than on a larger gun which is missing the target. The most lethal round on record is the 38 special + P load or the FBI loading of 158 grain semi wadcutter. It was shown to produce one more one shot stops than any load in the data.

I prefer revolvers and pump action shotguns. For me, the ultimate defense weapons are not available, but they would be short barreled in the 12 inch size in a 12 gauge shotgun as in a Remington or a 92 Winchester as John Wayne fired in westerns loaded with a 38 or 45 Colt loading.
The aim, handling, balance and resiliance of these two types are superior to all other guns available. Arnold Schwartzenegger in Terminator 2 had an obsolete lever action shotgun which would also be a candidate. Problem is the government has denied Citizens from short barreled firearms for defense for years, because criminals found they were the best weaponry.

Yes deny the law abiding Citizen when the criminals are the ones breaking the laws, and are still breaking the laws.

I would not want a 223 Brushmaster or whatever is being gunned around now in these Jokers for Obama gun control. I want the Finn Agaard methology handed down from elephant hunter Bell of Africa in a medium velocity bullet of medium weight to deliver the death blow. That is stability and ease of shooting. The 223 was designed in modern warfare for making cripples of soldiers so other soldiers would be used up carting them off the fields.
They also provide a lighter load in cartridges on paper and while all of it sounds great in combat, the Eurasians still play with the 30 caliber rounds moving at moderate speeds to kill Americans.

So I have not read the statistics in what all the civilians are buying up in Obama gun purchases as I doubt they are making the right choices in the expensive pistols and revolvers, as I would be more secure with a single shot Harrington and Richardson youth 20 gauge tucked under my seat or by my bed with an elastic clip than a big ole Hollywood pistol in my purse.
I pretty well know my purpose in life now and it is simple. I pay attention to my surroundings and any sign of trouble by instinct I place myself between it and the Tiger Lily as I will be moving them away from the field of fire or danger in taking cover and moving to an exit.

The push in America should be for the legalization in repealing the sawed off shotgun and rifle illegal laws passed a generation ago. These are the best defensive weapons there were ever produced in double barrels or pumps. The same for the Winchester lever actions.
They are not that concealable, but would hide under a coat. Civilians should not be penalized for the crimes of criminals.

As you can see, this blog is about correct assessment, and the reply from Americans should be to gun control is to repeal the illegal laws so Americans can gain access to real defensives weapons they have been deprived of.

Another Lame Cherry matter anti matter exclusive and doctrine.

Pony up.


agtG  254