Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Spaghetti from Squash




Being a popular girl, I get under the microscope often enough and numbers of you have probably seen this kindly video on YouTube......sorry I have not, as I have dial up and it would require till Jesus comes back to watch it.

Lame Cherry Message - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=igl5t-rRj-I
Dec 16, 2012
Lame Cherry message about Celiac Disease. ... Got it! Alert icon. You need Adobe Flash Player to watch ...

The basis of it is a diagnosis of Celiacs Disease......can't eat grass seed or wheat flour, which is the common misdiagnosis of people who think wheat is making them sick. It was very nice of the person in taking this time, but I promise I do not have wheat problems.

To explain this and to offer help as we are a helpful family of travelers here with packs and saddles on the trail to the Lord Christ returning, wheat is a grass like all cereal type grains. There are many varieties of wheat.
Two distinct genus varieties are winter wheat and spring wheat. Winter wheat is planted in the autumn and harvested the following year in being a bi annual. It is your pasta wheat.
Spring wheat is bread wheat.

The sensitivity I have is to the preservatives and additives in the flour. I'm fortunate in I can eat spring wheat flour, but the additives in pastas will cause problems.....meaning I can make noodles in my hand crank pasta machine with spring wheat flour and all is good, but if I try the winter wheat flours, which includes cream of wheat, my body starts asking, "What did you do to me".

My body runs in sensitivity cycles in dealing with things. I can eat sugars, but will eventually react to corn syrup sweeteners due to the genetic nature of the franken corn.

Things do run in cycles in I know "they" spray foods and expose foods to methane for ripening and of course I eat things as most of you do and all is right and all of a sudden you are eating something and you feel horrid afterwords which can be symptoms of being sleepy to gas pain to dizziness......some get blurred vision, ear problems, bleeding or tooth pain, even sinus as the body inflames in reaction.

It does not make any difference if it is meat or vegetables. If it is franken, sprayed or has these preservatives I react to it, sometimes in toxic ways.

Several years ago I decided to try some organic couscous from Israel. I steamed it so it was probably undercooked. Within an hour, my neck started aching and my muscles did to. This started after 6 pm, and by 2 pm I had a headache, my stomach was nauseated and my intestines had swelled up shutting things down.

Around 3 I was puking in this severe reaction, and I thought I was going to die. It was the first time I started sipping apple cider soda tea, and that settled things down so I passed out with my head propped up in bed.

The reason people are bleeding rectally from hemorrhoids is due to this swelling and not what is stated in "lifting things".  The tissues are swelling and rupturing from the poisons. It is the same with vision blindness to diabetes, different people have different reactions....some have arthritis diagnosed, but it is all connected to body reaction to what people are exposed to in these poisons.

I can tell within a half hour if something I have eaten has something in it. Batches do vary in manufacture and from brands of produce or vegetables. I would if I was rich just buy hundreds of pounds of things and freeze them or store them, but that is not in my price range.
Recently with TL, a chicken processor was tried in a commercial variety which I was perfectly well with. I tried another "no additive" chicken brand and I started reacting as did my Mom. Sometimes it is the grain which is being fed regionally to the birds that is the problem too.

For that reason, I post here something which I just tried that I seemed to not get too much of a reaction from in a Pepo genus of squash I never thought I would ever try in the Spaghetti.
Having been subject to fried squash, zuchinni and tofu, along with other "this really tastes great" chit, I never did want to bother with this as I knew it would be something that would be a disaster.

Moved though, I picked one up for seed, as sometimes you can buy things at the grocery and get seeds which is cheaper than buying the seeds....this reasoned out it was, so I tried it.
The directions stated to bake this 40 minutes......seemed raw to me yet, so I baked longer and in 2 hours it was the same, so 40 minutes is the correct time.
It said 10 minutes in the microwave too in some water........never tried that.

I do not like squash that much as it is too strong flavored. I love growing them as have had piles of them in buttercup and hubbards....turks turban too, but a few times a year they are about all I care for.
I grow the acorn variety as they are more bland and shorter season..........do like the butternuts too, but they all are squash tasting a bit much, especially when you get the butter and sugar in them.
Yes pumpkin pie spice cuts the flavor.

So I tried this spaghetti squash and it  surprised me in being crisp when done, and lightly flavored, sweet.....sort of like a cabbage without the sulfur or baby corn in flavor.
When it cooled more it does get more squash flavored, but what I did was pile on spaghetti sauce as this was spaghetti squash and it honestly was good. Granted I never ate a pile of this stuff and only a vegetable portion, but this might be something that would work great in oriental to salads in cooking as flavors do cover it up.
Recipes of butter, garlic and Parmesan seem to have hope.

For those with celeriac or on diets, this might be something to try as it is more friendly than egg plants to deal with and lighter in flavor.......as I always say, it tastes ok when that is all you can eat. It is though better than that.

OK I will even give you my secret spaghetti sauce so you can eat too as I eat. It works on pizza to lasagne......is my one all sauce.

1 pound hamburger browned, salted and peppered.
2 cloves garlic
1 onion
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 large can of tomato sauce without additives
1 tablespoon white sugar

The sugar makes it syrupy for only molecular reasons......if you can eat poison my Mom used to make a tomato soup with hamburger sauce that she put Velveeta in that honestly was really good. Same goes with this sauce base as you can cover it with Parmesan or whatever else you want to load up with it.

It is simple and I for quick things do bruschetta or french bread with this stuff on......butter helps on the toast for flavor.

So if you steal this recipe and make a fortune off of it, do not forget to donate before it's too late to do any good.

I have played with Egg plant Parmesan and the work in growing them, grilling them and then they always have a bit stronger flavor makes me contemplate this spaghetti squash has potential in not just celiac, but for people wanting to be able to grow things in their gardens.
Nice part in these squash is they will produce in most cases more of them than you want to eat. In good years I would get around 40 squash from a few hills. Is all what does grow in the region, but with more dining on this without problems, I think this pepo might appear in my garden.

Thank you to the YouTube sister. God bless people for their kindnesses.

agtG