Monday, September 2, 2013

Thadeus T


His name is Thadeus, Thadesu T. I informed him he had a rather black sounding name for a golden bullfrog. He of course did not speak, as frogs do not talk.

I did inquire of him, as I saw on a Bugs Bunny cartoon a certain singing frog that did sing, only when his owner was present, but not when others were present, but Thadeus  T did not speak.

I saw him a month previous, just a flash in a jump as he plunged into the inky black waters of the pond. The TL and I were inspecting the parents dock, which had gone the way of all things decomposing to being a hazard to limb and dry shoes, and as I do like playing with drills and saws, it was initiated that perhaps I might play, walking not on water, but lumber over the pond of Thadeus T.

Thadeus T resides under a two inch branch. Not that I measured it, as it was Thadeus' branch and I was not going to be doing any branch invasion with the tape measure........as it was hot, I had more important things to do.

Thadeus and I conversed though as I worked. I informed him of the merits of red beer. He did not reply. I told him that red beer must be in a tall glass that is frosted to be done completely right. I also said that TL was not convinced completely upon the merits of Red Beer being beneficial to all things good in life.

I was utilizing Coors Silver Bullet, but think that a Miller might be better or something of that sort as the base, because Coors is just not the best choice for some reason in this arcade of bubbling red.

For the red, it is of course Campbell's little cans in a 6 pack that TL kindly provided and purchased. They of course should be chilled also for maximum effect.

I do like red beer, as the tomatoe does take away that hoppie overt bitterness and as I was telling TL, it is basically a meal as one has the cereal group and the vegetable group.

Thadeus T though was sullen and not speaking. So I stated that we were friends, with the caveat, of, "It is better to have a human friend than a human desiring to dine upon your legs".

We do not have bullfrogs where I reside. Chicago is to blame as my poor relatives as children caught all the bullfrogs in the sloughs and sold them to the palates  of Chicago to eat frog legs. That has always fascinated me, as I wondered of bullfrogs and upon meeting them, I do see they are far superior to the little tree frogs and leopard frogs of my experience.

Leopard frogs sing prettily in the night and can be found long distances from water. The tree frogs make pleasant little sounds, but that small brain just does not have a great deal going on.
With bullfrogs, one can see they are intelligent like a cat. Thadeus T. lives on the right side of the dock, but on the left side, there were 4 other bullfrogs, some of whom were quite talkative and all had eyes studying me in human fascination of what in the hell I was doing to their dock.

Of course, I believe Thadeus T. is Conservative Right Wing, as he was silent while the other frogs were all anxious and worried over things. I told Thadeus also that he was probably the only frog in the states to be having a dock built for him.
He was still unimpressed, where male or female, but he or she was truly a golden frog. Interesting in that, Thadeus T. had golden highlights on eyes and skin, while the others just has this greenish brown black hide looking stuff. I suppose that is why they looked like feudal children worrying about the neighbor's palace being raised and re constructed.

It was in that, I noticed a raccoon track or tracks. Mama and some offspring, but no traces of kills. Apparently bullfrogs are more intelligent than the ursus minor types and do not end up turning in raccoons.
I would not like to see Thadeus turn into a raccoon or eagle. Be like John Wayne turning into bear crap in the forest. John Wayne just looked like he should remain John Wayne and so does Thadeus T. Superior types should remain while lesser types should become ashes to ashes and poop pile to poop pile.

I made a great deal of noise with hammers and pry bars pulling up ring shank nails and drills putting in screws, but Thadeus did not move. The only thing which did make him move was the sun. Interesting time clock the frog was in moving to the shadow of the sun.

I conversed with Thadeus for half an hour as I was pulling nails, but as I stated, he did not speak at all. Just had this look on his face like he preferred things the way they were. I suppose with the neighbors NO TRESSPASSING sign now leaning at 30 degrees that he was concerned others upon seeing the dock would be bothering him now with jokes about frog legs and things. Those things always happen as everyone has the same joke about eating frog legs.

In all, it took like 9 hours with breaks, getting pressure treated lumber and conversations to complete the dock deck. It look rather pretty and was much safer I suppose than the old deck, as I have not yet ventured to walk upon the pond waters, as the dock was not for me something for walking, but just for looking...........like Thadeus T. viewed that strange new flat tree that appeared in his pond.

I suspect as before that Thadeus T. will prefer his 2 inch stick to the dock as it is more comfortable and safe for him in that little home than a big one.

I know bullfrogs eat all sorts of large things, including waterfowl chics, but I think I would like to have my own bullfrogs in reintroducing them someday to my niche. They just have this haunting sound, almost machine like, as I stopped the first time I heard them and was puzzling over what that noise was. I think it would make a nice symphony with other sounds, providing they sang in the night too with the other frogs.

Thadeus T. was a good introduction of species for me, the second time, as he stayed put, let me study him as I worked and the others could make the sounds and be curious like cats as to what the human was up to.
All in all it was a fine day really, as it was a southern type sultry heat where I got cooked and the frogs did not.

I do so enjoy playing like this, but I seldom have the opportunity to do such things in poverty and time demands. So goes the life of Thadeus T.



agtG