Monday, May 5, 2014

Tootsie Roll



It would seem an odd thing to wake up dreaming about Tootsie Rolls, as I never have liked them as no one likes Tootsie Rolls.

Everyone's first experience with them is in those suckers, which are ghastly things that only appealed to children with no taste. Those paper sticks you can see all grimey with some filthy child slurping on them, and then after sucking forever that you hoped it was gone, you got to that lump of Tootsie which in numbers of cases pulled the paper off that stick giving a paper feel in your mouth which was creepy.

Then of course there was the Tootsie Roll, assorted sizes. I believe that the inspiration for them was dog poop. If you have trapped enough or dodged enough crap from your neighbor's dog, there is that same sectioned turd, all glossy in some rectal slime, and that is the same hard, glossy shine of a Tootsie Roll.


Tootsie Rolls are I believe really bad fudge that no one would eat at Christmas, but put it in a package and label it as something, and people will buy it, not more than three times.

There were those little Tootsie sticks too. I remember eating them, but they were never the choice. All they were, were what was for candy when no other candy was left.........like those licorice whips in Grampa's candy drawer that he alone liked.
That was tough eating for a child in candy was something horrid, and then Gram was lecturing at me that I would get worms from eating candy. For some reason, that threat never stopped me from eating candy as candy was two of my food groups when I was growing up.

Perhaps Tootsie Rolls were just that, in a bad batch of Christmas fudge, and in order to not go broke, the enterprising person for some reason put them through a sausage stuffer to save themselves.
It is either that, or they liked picking up dog poop and eating it, and that having a stigma attached to it, they came up with a bad fudge so they could relish their peculiar condiment without getting worms from eating it.

People should not eat poop as they do get worms from that. I read once of this kid eating cat poop in the sand box and they got this grub which got into their brain and was killing them before it was figured out. This was before House in Hugh Laurie, but they had like storylines all the time. I do not think though they ever had a poop eater on the show though.
I do not know how House ended and TL will not let me look, so it will be one of the great mysteries, but I doubt he ever got religion as I would have written it.

In pondering Tootsie Rolls, now that it has been like an hour since I awoke to that knowledge of the Tootsie Roll, there really is no redeeming quality in them. They are hard. They seem fibrous at times. They are neither taffy chewy nor melty in the mouth. It is like chewing on some cellouse fiber with not enough hint of chocolate in them to make them taste.

I mean Milk Duds look like deer turds, but they got chocolate flavor even if they are still dud in flavor, although they do have a nice chew to them before disappearing. I do not like Milk Duds though either or Slow Pokes, Sugar Daddy, Sugar Mama or Sugar Baby. Seems odd I liked candy at all, as looking back I think of those orange slice jellies, elephant peanuts and I hated Boston Baked Beans.

Those spice things too. Beachnut Clove gum, although their striped gum was fruity good, the flavor never lasted like all gum. Intelligence must not fund Wrigley's any more as you never see ads any more for them, like Coke and whatever. Now it is all med ads with side effects which will kill you.

I do not know if anyone ever died from a Tootsie Roll, but I think most people hoped they would die in suffering through one in just wanting it all over. I think they would broken off make nice bullets for a muzzle loader. Probably wouldn't kill anything, but might just make a cat pooping worms in your sandbox from doing it again.

I really do not think children have any taste buds as most candy is horrid. You never hear Muchelle Obama wanting to ban Tootsie Rolls and I suppose it racist to be even talking about them, as everything was tarred and feathered racist to help Birther out, as he needed alot of help for a non black man.

Like all things Tootsie Roll this commentary is about reached it's end. It is a shame that the rather colorless package of Tootsie is the best part of that product. Odd how with a dog, you got a dog yet after the candy is dropped and most dogs are good in their package.


agtG