Thursday, July 10, 2014

Waiting For The Call

I do enjoy hearing from people and this was sent to me, so I thought I would share it as a thank you for the insights people have in their lives. I do enjoy reading of their lives and how each of us knit into one fabric.

I am thinking the problem with the apple sprouts might have been a high octane dirt with fertilizer that was here, as it nuked some African Violets too. If not I am sure I will discover the cause in coming batches of seedlings hopefully this coming early (yuck) winter.

As a personal note, I had actually thought of trying that area, and I am pleased that your daughter is embarking upon the same adventure. God bless you and your family.

I know the sickness and health part. It teaches to love the person as God sees us. I was ignorant of that before TL.



Waiting For The Call
Those hard fought freedoms
bought in blood
by those who gave their all
have sadly been diminished
while we waited for the call

What happened to the courage
to stand up for our rights
the honor and the virtue
the will to sacrifice

While we condemn our progeny
to an age of abject tyranny
will our history recall
when we held out for a leader
while we waited for the call

As each new line drawn in the sand
was crossed, and then another
we failed to rise in righteous wrath
to stand up for each other

While hesitant and fearful
we cowered to the criminals
as all the world around us 
watched us fall

In the dimming light of liberty
will there echo through eternity
of a time we had a chance to save it all

But instead of bravely leading
our last days were spent retreating
from our duty, while we waited for the call


SMR