Monday, December 29, 2014

Even without Gods lil acorns




As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.



I was looking at a hanging planter which TL has. You see I am an outside doors person for plants as me and plants indoors, bring out the black thumb of death, while God being in charge outside, tends to make me look like an expert gardener.

Anyway, there is this deck, and it has morning sun, and I am delighting in it, as plants really do well in morning sun, and afternoon shade in the heat.....plus it is nice to look out the window sitting in a cushion chair looking at what God is accomplishing.

Last season TL bought plants in the planters I really do not know what they are. One I think is a Bouganvillia and it almost ceased being one as the temperature dropped to freezing last autumn and it took the Holy Ghost reminding me of plants outside to rescue part of it, as half froze. 15 more minutes, I would have had an empty planter of sticks.
So there is this Bogan, this annual blue and this bitty red one. They probably all need repotting, but that is not what this is about at all.

I do good in watering. My kind of watering makes Noah's deluge look like a drought. I like watering as water really flows when I get to watering. Problem is the deck is sort of over a garage and while I have not soaked the old women neighbors, it is a point that it is sort of a challenge to not catch hell for being Biblical.

So the bitty red is like a mass of roots and sort of like a thick matt of bitty vegetation, and I notice this seed sprouting. It reminds me of an American Elm seed, but much larger. Like the way a 50 cent piece is bigger than a time.
I think it looks political to me in being more than a weed, but I am not sure, as it looks like a sorry weedy plant that just can not get it done. Never mind about that, as I water the hell out the plants and enjoy that.

TL purchased some flowery thing plants to make things not look like my recovering black thumb. I decided though it is not my fault, but the cold winter, as if winter had broke when it should of and the plants looked good, then I would have come through ok...it was the cold winter's fault in HAARP jet stream flipping.
Now that the blame is in the right place, and I can live in my illusion, we continue on.

So like I said, TL got some flowers in those flower plastic things, and in one pot, we turned in a few dollars of flowers into a 50 dollar planter. Is pretty as TL has great taste and I like potting things and I think plants like me potting them as it makes them happy.
So TL has Verbena and one Snapdragon in the middle. Deep red Snap, surrounded by pinks, whites and peach......I know it is peach now, as I said yellow as I sort of label all things close enough to what they are too.
Oh TL got a Purslaine too. Grampa used to keep that weed in the garden to conserve moisture, and someone on Facebook was just posting on this, but it amazes me what the breeder have done as this has a quarter size pink flower on it.......can eat the weed, but I do not know about the hybrid, other than TL would frown on me grazing in the bought flowers.

Where was I?

Yes this has a point, so just unwind and enjoy as life is not exactly going to drop you off at the 5 and 10 or the Dollar Store that sells five dollar stuff now.

So like I said, there was this weedy thing, and I asked TL what the weedy seed was, as I found one. TL did not know, as TL has better things to do  than catalogue weed seeds.

So, I was out potting stuff with TL and TL says, "What is that growing in that Croton pot? I look at it, and decide it is an orange lime seed.....fire lime, maca something lime, from the Philippines. I planted like 5 lime seeds this spring in that take out flat and 2 grew, but it took me 6 weeks to figure out if they were limes...........might have been weeds in the potting soil.
So I promptly am delighted and set a pot on it to which TL is not pleased....nor was I. Limes from the Philippines must be tough as it apparently liked the treatment.

I know I stuck a few seeds in other things I think of these limes, but they did not grow, but this one must have been a wee baby lime that just fell into the pot as fruit dropped off and here it is growing as God planted it.

Ever notice how God plants things in the middle of nowhere, where nothing will grow.....like sidewalks or line fences where cows are eating everything off? Yeah, God can always get stuff to grow where my hauling in the pet pig with 12 nipples to nurse a fruit tree kills everything.
Did I mention my second round of baby apples went tits up in the seed flat? I got them hot in the sun, when the cool was not doing anything, and then a rain finished them off in a God flood, not an LC flood. Is ok, as it is a learning curve, and I have like 9 other sprouters to figure out with God's help what to do.
Odd part is, the first two were great and are growing like weeds........and the two I salvaged have decided not to prematurely die and are taking the upward grow to the light.

So back to the weed.......oh yeah, I had a sugar maple I mentioned. I did not plant that either, and it was just sticking in the pot and I pulled out some seeds, and here was this root on a maple seed propeller. God planted that one too, and for some reason, it is reddish in  the leaves. Do not know if it is a mutant or what as the 50 foot high Mama tree is all green and whatever.

So back to the weedy seed that started this out, so I am looking things over this morning, as I can sit for the longest time just resonating plant music, as it stills me, and after repotting some more things like wee baby Filipino limes and a Shamrock, I look over at the weedy seed, and it looks highly political this fine morning in I see this little ruffle type leaf that looks like an oak.
I am out of my element in this pasturage as oaks are from acorns, but I see oaks sometimes from these burr balls and my mind is pondering about if I saw an oak of some kind casting off these elm like seeds, which I seem to recall in the hard drive.
I know what ash seeds are as I have seen some of them, but have not noticed an oak of this sort close, but with the wind that blows here at storm times, I probably get seeds from a thousand miles away.

The main point in this, on the deck, there are I think 9 trees growing at present. God rewarded my efforts in 2 limes, 2 apples, 2 rescued apples, but He did the maple, 1 lime and I think one wee baby oak.

Considering God had to aim for the pots here, He is really doing a better job of things. I do not want to look too hard at the neighbors roof which is a dam of maple seeds, as with the rain and the heat, I am wondering if there is going to be a forest up there, and I might be tempted to do something stupid in putting them all into like plastic drinking cups, which I can not afford, but I hate wasting plants as they are too hard to get to sprout, unless of course one is God.

Is my hope that God is planting things for our home. I just do not know what the purpose of an oak is without acorns. Not like deer or squirrels or acorn flour can be made from bigger than elm seeds.
I did plant the seed I asked TL about in the wee baby oak I transplanted to see how that might go, but God is already up on me in that race as He always is a quadrillion to my one He grows.

I suppose I better not pull that maple out I stuck in  the pot to see if it sprouted as that probably disrupts things and I will just have to wait to see how it goes. I do allot of that waiting stuff on my things and with God I just find things growing.

Oh I put a Kuri squash and an Armenian cucumber into a pot too. That Kuri is one robust Japanese customer. Had roots in a web like a spider when I transplanted it, and when I put it into the pot, it had roots all over the place. I am wondering what this is going to look like in Tarzan and Jane on a deck 3 feet by 10 feet.
The neighbors told TL last year that a vine would be a good thing there. Probably not this kind and I probably should not have been listening.
Probably why God plants slow growing oak and limes and not jungle things Lord Tarstroke can swing from.



agtG