Saturday, May 2, 2015

When Saiga's Cry

As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

I had no idea a mere post from me would sell out all the Saiga's in Obamaworld.

If I was rich, I would have preferred a Remington pump in the 7615. They are like 1000 dollars though with just the rifle, but the situation is, they are more reliable than the semi auto, and therefore logic dictates them, except the price.

J & G Sales imports a bolt action 223 from the fine Zastava factory from our Serbian friends. At 369.95, that is a platform which will do the job, but again it will excel at blasting coyotes, but a bolt is not exactly a tactical weapon either for a Scout Rifle.

One must remember the 223 is a 100 to 150 yard firearm, so that returns us to something more American in design, in a suggestion in the M92 Carbine manufactured by Rossi. I like the 38/357 magnum loading. Put a scope on it, and you have an accurate round at the same 100 yard range. The long barrels bring out of the 357 what it was originally billed at.

It all becomes difficult in things now as while Grits Gresham's little boy tells us that guns are affordable and great, there really is a point, they are affordable for rich people, and they are not that great in the arena of dual purpose weapons. Winchesters are far too expensive in the perfect guns which shot things and kept one safe in the Model 92's and the 94's.

I dislike saying "get a used gun" as that is like saying, "Go find an extinct dinosaur". Mossberg makes a 464 lever action which is handy.

It all returns to the reality of what I consider a gun and round which is dear to me, as it was my Beloved Uncle's gun, which he purchased because his mentor bought one. I still like the 760 Remington pumps, but would feed it 30.06 or the better round of 270 for shock and awe.

Of course the real answer would be if the American had a real Government, and opened the free trade markets for Asian nation, Russia, and flooded the US markets with 300 dollar Saiga's as they should be. Yes you can pick up from J & G sales a Chinese SKS type 56 for 300 bucks in 7.62 X 39, which is about what it comes down to, unless one picks up the Turkish bolt action 98 Mausers in 8 x 57 or the Nagant in that rimmed Russian round......but again bolt action which is fine for longer work, but if it comes to short range work, and that includes 100 yards, I go back to my pet platform which I do not own.

Again, I begin with a Remington Model 870 shotgun. I put on it a smoothbore 12 gauge barrel with rifle sights. Get some green glow sites as it is important.
It is an expensive diet, but I like the copper plated BB's as that will cripple coyotes at 100 yards, and to put it plainly, everyone rants about these big bore pistols like a 45, but the reality is, a shotgun has in one buckshot load, the same diameter bullet, but 8 to 18 of them.
So a shotgun is like shooting an 8 or 18 shooter not a six gun or these stupid 9 mm pistols with big clips. To put it plainly, so you got a big clip in a Saiga of 30 rounds........a 12 gauge with 3 shots is pumping 54 pellets at things....take the plug out and it mounts to 7 shots and 126 pellets.

I go back to the street hoser without the Saiga available. TL has an 870 in 20 gauge which is fine for both men and women, and it will do justice to all sorts of things.