Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Waffle Freedom


https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.americastestkitchenfeed.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F07%2FSTP_Sugar_Cones_MG_2005-653x436.jpg&f=1


No those are not my fingernails as they are filthy and I have pretty hands

 


As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.


I really do not like waffles......and yet I have purchased waffle irons........even have a junky old Wagner for the stove top, but to me waffles taste like raw flour and  raw flour is not my idea of the start or finish of any day.


I did come across this recipe though and tried it......it sucks, but I include it here in I think maybe if I have time I will fix it some how........I did though increase the sugar already to a half cup, as the 1/4 cup had it tasting like ....something only passable with lots of syrup on it.


So here is it: (It will be here it is when it pleases me.)


  • 3/4 cup bleached all-purpose flour
  • 1 oz. (1/4 cup) cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 cup half & half or whole milk
  • 6 Tbs. vegetable oil
  • 1 large egg, separated
  • 1/2 cup. sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract



No I did not separate the eggs out to floof up the whites and fold them in like Belgium waffles as all that does is make them light and taste like waffle dung. I honestly got the same floof that the light fluff is supposed to me.

I also got rid of the buttermilk in this, as I hate that curdled curd stuff.

It sounds about right that 2/3rds of a cup of  this paint thick batter makes a waffle......pretty good too as my other ones would explode.......so I guess a good waffle batter runs like latex paint.

Sugar cones for ice cream are sugar.....so increasing the sugar should help the flavor and crisp. I also used olive oil.........can not eat the rape seed or corn oil any more, but that is lighter oil and might crisp better too. If you get em brown though they will get crisp........I like mine pale as........hmmmm a Rhode Island girl the first week of June.


As I am waiting and you are not,  I am looking for a sugar cone recipe, as those things are crisp......too crisp, like them Norwegian Krum Kakke or whatever they are which are basically egg and sugar with a flour binder.

I hate it with 128 kb a second and it still takes a coon's age to load things.

Here is the ice cream cone recipe..............like I am going to go through all this for 6 cones. What the hell do they live in Muchelle Obama's big ass KGB sugar raiding gulag or what?




Ingredients

  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted

Directions

  1. In a bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat in flour and butter just until blended.
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw two 7-in. circles on paper. Drop 3 tablespoons of batter in the center of each circle; spread batter to edges. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
  3. Place cookies, bottom side up, on a paper towel-lined work surface. To shape cone, begin with one edge and roll cookie a third of the way toward the center; roll a third of the opposite side over the rolled portion. Shape top of cone. Place seam side down on a wire rack to cool completely.
  4. Return second cookie to oven for 1-2 minutes if necessary before rolling. Repeat with remaining batter to make four more cones. Yield: 6 cones.


Pisses me off too in I do not like separating eggs and do not like throwing food away.......even if the kitties like fried egg yolks. I might have to look for more recipes on this if I ever have time.

So any way, I am going to add 1 tsp of vanilla to  the waffles too as there has to be something to kill that waffle taste.

I also firmly believe all them lost Israelite tribes in Danes, Swedes, Norwegians and stuff, if they had quit making all them fancy flour branding irons that they would have conquered the world. I mean geez louise, Americans built guns and did well enough, but all these fancy cooking irons just left these buggers out in the cold.
At least the Germans built them Dutch ovens......save time in burying them full of stew, can go out and pillage the world and come home to some nice eats. No fancy designs needed for good tasting food. That is why waffles got that design, is they tasted like pancakes they would not need a design on them, because panny cakes you just got that nice sugary pancake, can eat cold, can eat it with syrup, can eat it with berries, can stuff it with meet, roll it up with jelly, can eat it hot soaked with butter, sugar, honey, syrup and stack it high as it won't tip over, and you still got something you want to eat.

Them waffles though just are in need of liberation from the batter. I might practice on them varmints a bit and see what comes of it as someone has to free them lowland peoples from food iron design disease......who knows Andres Breivik might just get out of prison if them waffles get solved as I heard them Norwegians are having Obama regrets on the Nobel Prize.
Serves them right in sticking some Chinoid into power and expecting peace. I mean it is like sticking cyanide with a waffle and expecting good to come of it. People barely survive waffles little alone cyanide at 8 am with their coffee.


agtG