Monday, December 11, 2017

Minnesota Religious Things




As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.


I like the Viking as he knows how to communicate. He tells me things and I read the saga and think of his profound nature in all things Spiritual.

This part of his letter is the summation of all things Biblical and this world for peace.

The Golden Rule says: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. And always have boiled eggs with white bread for toast, and softened butter and honey around to put on the extra piece of toast, plus the extra piece for Mommy when she gets up, and fresh coffee to brew, for breakfast, if you have timed your morning to have enough to get that done. All The Babygirl needs these days is her micro-wave organic Quaker’s oatmeal, and someone to say hi to when she comes up in the morning.

When I arise in the morning, things have changed a bit. The Mom has reverted to  Alma status in Alma is in the old folks home and likes being waited on, so I do not start hot water or coffee until I complete chores.
Chores are feeding the cats as I am mobbed by them, and the poultry, letting out Daisy and Belle, checking the cows and horses, walking out and chopping a hole in the ice so they can drink, doing the goats, as the turkeys follow me around talking to me.

Breakfast is sourdough, fried eggs, half slice of bacon.  I tried cereal but whatever it is now does not like me. So I eat fermented flour like cows eat silage.

The butter being softened is most important as in the north, hard butter is an offense of the worst kind, as it means torn bread, smashed toast and all sorts of unpleasantness that shadows the entire day.
I was heard saying something about my not getting out butter as only 2 squares were left, as it was caramel rolls yesterday.

Timing is always important as it is the water heating, the bacon nuked, bread nuked and then buttered, then things put together, and breakfast is ready.
The Puntz appears sometime in this, and I break off pieces of bacon, Puntz size as The Puntz must have bacon.

I have been thinking about plotting something for Christmas. See I have never had steak and eggs for breakfast. I came close once in a diner, but the steak was metallic sheen colored and tasted  of vinegar as it was rotten and the diner tried to burn it so I would not notice. My brother waited until I took a bite and then laughed as he knew what had happened.
So I was thinking that Christmas would be lovely in steak, eggs, sourdough, hash browns and coffee. Coffee for me is like more cream and honey than coffee. I also have an affection for raspberry flavored coffee, but that is seasonal for Christmas, but of course none of that is in the store.

I really like breakfast but it does not like me so much. I love French Toast with pork sausage. I do love hot cereal with heavy cream, but as of late it has no food value in it and I get cold, and getting cold in winter brings a cold, and I do not need that.

I am thinking in this of Billy Dixon, the Buffalo Hunter who lived the life I would enjoy. He had his steaks broiled over buffalo chips an sourdough. I probably could get the chips, but I don't want to stand outside in the winter pan frying a steak. The cats would make that a real adventure.

So that is religion or God, in a few words of caring about others like you care about yourself, down to the soft butter.

I used to eat not organic Quaker oatmeal with those flavored dried strawberry things. Lots of heavy cream have me remembering that fondly, beyond the cardboard oatmeal taste.

I'm ok Viking. I worry about you in those iced up roads which are the safest things in Minnesota now that Al Franken is entering the Garrison Keelor phase of the Prairie Grope Companion.

I honestly adore the invention of Minnesota in Malt O Meal in throwing in old beer malt into a cereal and selling it to the public. It does not like me, but I did help in a profit share with that festive morning delight.


Nuff Said


agtG