Saturday, January 19, 2019

The 1.5 million dollar 10 dollar Magic Seal






As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.


OK so we were rummaging around in the Consignment Store, which I do not like going into as things are too expensive in there, like rich people selling chit they don't want, but want to screw poor orphan girls to eating dirt for meals, kind of prices.

So we go in a few weeks ago, and I spot this pressure canner cooker. I do not bother looking as I can't see that great now from this blog has bothered my eyes, but I think about this canner and think my brother might like it, so we go back as the thrift store is closed when we get there doing errands, and I check the canner which is now buried under silverware as if someone is trying to hide it, and TL informs me it is 10 dollars after October 1st, 2018. Well that is two months before the mother died and a month after she died, so I think 10 bucks is a good deal as all the parts are there and when I open it up, there are tons of other chit in there.

So I get it home, handles are loose, put it into the shed and let it get frosty ass cold, as aluminum really absorbs the heat and cold, and bring it in the next morning where I take off and tighten all the handles which are loose and someone has half ass painted them white.

I find a receipt inside there from Minnesota, and a phone number from 2009, a mobile number, and I get to digging for information to see who this is as they have marked out their name and left the addy.

This is not the house, but look what I found.



I actually found this photo which fascinated me, as the replacement Presto part just sort of sat on there, and I thought it would blow off, but they have an old Presto pressure weight on this one which registers 5, 10 and 15 pounds. Not exactly what I would trust, but what does not show up........like the cookbook if it is a Wards, it is like, I didn't get one, but why women never keep cookbooks or parts in the canner I will never figure out as they have an affinity for storing lids in other locations too to get lost.

Anyway, after seeing the neighborhood this canner came out of, I am sad it was not filled with 100 dollar bills, as Lord God that is a spread in those damned Minnesota trees. I could not stand existing in a gulag like that.




Who knows though, maybe it was some Minnesota Trapper, who ate rabbits, bullheads and was thankful when mother died and left the canner, who they promptly purchased wares to get it going to can up some deer meat they poached, but unfortunately the wife died, and the husband being content to eat muskrat and bread picked out of dumpsters outside of Hi Vee, wiled away his winters for 9 years, until his child picked his bones and put up for sale a family heirloom of the Wards canner.

Only rich people would mow down all the treescape, put up wood rail fences and not have horses, cut the grass down to the bone, and then plant patch of weeds out front to mow around showing how green they as their heads swell up from allergies to the weeds.

Oh well I have to clean up the waif and audition it to chicken, which will provide us with 20 meals. Man that Lo's about turned the bones into meat as that rendered at 25 pounds pressure......a slight oversight as I was probably writing blog while cooking and thankful it did not blow up, but Wisconsin had good aluminum smelters and founders back in the day.

Is a toy to play with though as I never knew I need the old girl.


Nuff Said.


agtG





agtG