Saturday, September 8, 2007

When the good die young

On my frequent walks on my road which for some reason other people seem
to like driving on a few weeks ago a smiling neighbor girl drove by
waving at me and my dog. It was quite shocking the next thing I heard
about her was she was dead.

It seems in her family they have a genetic heart condition which nothing
can be done about and upon being a teenager the old heart just quits
beating. That is the second of the 3 kids my neighbors have they have
buried in the past 5 years.

I do not mean this to be a sob commentary, but more of a thing I have
noticed in the death of kids in families and more to the point the
families who get approached by the medical donor teams and lop off parts
to "give the gift of life to others" and find meaning in the death of
their child.
This little girl was after being dead, rehooked up to life support and
for a week they basically cut off parts until they buried her.

That "gift" might be good until I noticed these parents still put in a
smiling picture of their other dead kid yearly in the paper recalling
the anniversary of his death. A different couple in my extended
neighborhood had a daughter die several years ago and now they "go
around and visit the people her body parts were donated to".
None of that speaks to a family healing or dealing with the death of a
child and it does get me angry that somewhere in this medical meat show
hospitals are psychologically raping families at their most vulnerable
times "telling them their children will live on" and the families for
years carry around that grief untapped and can not let it go, because
their kid is dead but still alive in body parts in other people they are
trying to keep track of like a Greek tragedy.

This donation business is ghoulish for what it is doing to families. In
research, I have seen skin grafts that one thinks would go to burn
victims ending up on cosmetic penis implants for people who want a
bigger manhood. That does not sound very comforting to me nor to
families knowing their loved ones are being sowed onto some guys penis.

Advocates state allot of good comes from the donation program, but it is
time that people start caring for families as what is going on right now
is raping their emotions and creating a Body Parts Syndrome where
families never grieve nor let their child be buried. The soul is gone
but they still got the kid scattered around the country.

All this grief is not good. Another gal who lives here whose "good boy"
as she puts his picture in the paper was drunk, ran from the police in a
car chase where he ended up killing himself and 4 other kids. She hasn't
dealt with the fact her kid screwed up. That needs to be done.
Parents who do not have the spiritual healing will continue to be stuck
in that week when their child was dead, kept functioning to be
cannibalized and then scattered like living dust to the wind and never
realize life is life and death is dead.

I hope to God I will never have to face the temptation of a transplant
as I have always tried to live my life in faith like the old pirate song
I heard as kid, "Well there you go. There you go. When your numbers up
you know you got to go".
The dying is easy, but it is the living which is hard and if it comes to
that point before Jesus returns I will be leaving this world on the run
and not ever looking back. My family hopefully would follow my orders
and have a family care funeral and not a funeral home funeral where
people who actually cared about me will dress me, make snide remarks
about me as they get me gussied up in my attire and then stick me in a
box they make.........and haul me out in a pick up to be buried by the
rock pile I helped create where quite a number of my dead cattle have
turned to dust. A cow pasture sounds like a good place and when people
who don't care or know me anymore are around the healing is done and all
will be forgotten.

It is like that Whitman poem called Grass written about President
Lincoln. Grass covers all graves, but families who donate organs never
are allowed to grow that grass of time dealing with a dead child.
That needs to be done as what is going on now is doing more harm than good.

agtG