Thursday, May 15, 2014

Fish of a 1000 Words





OK I will admit that I do not know all, as I was not there, but I have questions in this. Questions which have been on my mind as I live vicariously trout fishing through others.

Yes I had times of capture, and method of cooking with head removed, but there is so much delight in this which is not known.

It is like, what pound test of line did you use? What color was it? What brand was it?

Yes I am a fishing nut, and I wonder of rods, in make and length, as much as reels..........mine is a Berkley Cherrywood Rod and a Abu Garcia 3000 spincast and a 5000 baitcast.
Beloved Uncle had the baitcast, and I got the spincast at my brother spending my money, as Uncle was scowling at my Zebco 600 just reeling nothing in a 5 pound walleye, hooked with a red and white daredevil and 20 pound test line which was clear.

Was there a cooler for the fish with ice, was it a boat live tank or was it a stringer in the stream?

Then there was the did the trout just get scales rubbed off, was it skinned........

What did it look like on what it was feeding on. I know it is EWWW, but I look at such things as I have to make the event as prolonged as possible.

Then there is the matter of pan? What kind of pan was it, stainless steel, stainless steel with copper bottom, beloved cast iron, aluminum......what size was it........what kind of spatula, was it plastic, wood or metal?
Oil? Was it butter, olive or canola?

Did the fish turn a pretty brown.....was it floured and then an egg on it, or was it nude? Was the flesh separating in earnestness as you pressed it with your fork?
Did it exhale steam gratefully to you, in that fresh scent as the pleasure was lived again for that morning splendor?

What kind of lure, fly or bait did you use?

Did you almost fall into the water in excitement? I once almost took a header  out of a Lund with beloved Uncle over being excited over a pike.

What kind of veggies.....was it toast or chips...........was it something that I will have never tried and now have to dream of an adventure in which I must do the same?

I once saw a Minnesota shore lunch of fried fish, fried potatoes and onions, and then fried onion sandwiches with fried onions and grilled sandwich.
It was very good, and in fact I started when I could eat ham, started frying onions, and then putting them on a grilled cheese and ham, with mustard and horseradish.

I digress..........as I am excited over adventures and so enjoy them being shared as I have never fetched home a brown trout.  I have caught rainbows, but have been in poverty on many fish types of experience in am a salmon virgin as much as catfish.

I know people are too busy to answer nattering questions, but it does give me wonderful adventures in wondering how it all went, and how I would have liked it to have went.


le sigh, such adventures.


agtG