Friday, May 2, 2014

Titles



People always want to know what I am up to for the same types of reason I suppose I do. In that the books people have are apparently a good source of what they are about, so I place here the list of volumes which I just acquired in their being free.
Someday you will probably be inundated with this information of these volumes providing of course I have the time and money to read them.


State of the Union Addresses Calvin Coolidge

Military Equitation


Hunting in many Lands

The Lady  Ramsay Hunting Diary


Horses Guns and Dogs

Wild Sports in India


Official Program of the Inauguration of Herbert Hoover


Life and Letters of General George Meade


General Pershing

Abraham Lincoln as viewed by Gen. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain


 Everyday Cookbook


Last will and testament of George and Martha Washington


Stuart's Cavalry at Gettysburg


American Individualism by Herbert Hoover


Yesterday's titles if these sound too militant were.....



Farmers Guide to Livestock

Rifles by Charles Askins

My Brother Theodore Roosevelt

Corn Growing

Ducking Days

Developing America




I was particularly delighted in finding a color photograph which will appear in October of Vic, John Burkman and Dandy which is featured here. I would like to print this up for display as much as Buffalo Bill's Last Time in the Saddle Poster, but who has money for such things.



Vic looks like he has something Arabian going on in him while Dandy has what would be the classic American quarterhorse look. The dogs were perfect hunting terrors and John Burkman, Libby Custer said he never smiled and if he did, she would have reported him to the doctor in something was wrong with him.
He was pioneer American in not polished English, but he loved the dogs and the horses.

You will notice no damn Oprah Winfrey book of the month chit in my reading. What is loaded on my ebook program now is a 19th century treatise on trajectories of firearms. The reason being is I can not find any references to guns of this era in hunting and war and have a desire to know.
Would  think that someone would have said, "Now  look here, I prefer that 50 70 with about one part tin to nine of lead, as  it makes a big blaster hole in them redskins and drops them buffalo mighty fine for some broiled hump over the coals."
No one ever talks about things like that in what bullet holes looked like or which kinds of Indian arrowheads were the worst in stone or metal.

 Enough of this personal stuff or you rich people might think I like you or something.


As for God's creatures, I ran into the woman at the library who told off the pig hoof doper. Interesting woman I might write about in being an American who came from Mexico and is now 80 years old. 

Today the bounty is coughing men and a guy in a goober STP hat......playing on his smart phone as it vibrates in his ear and he keeps talking it into, "come on buddy  talk to me".......he laughs like a hyena.

He also has to pick up Victoria's son.......either is banging a divorced woman or is a fertile producer of grandchildren in 8th graders he just mentioned. Sounded like school as he is laughing like a hyena, so is no doubt some fornication going on.

See why I want money to be away from this world, and why I read about horses, hunting and things.

I think I would like a Winchester 92 like the Indians all had. On Firefly by Joss Wheden I saw the lever actions at the whorehouse were all Marlins in deer loads. People just never notice things and I have awhile to go before TL arrives as I will be sitting outside in the cold, as someone tore all the steps off the house.

Libby Custer wanted a nice dugout. I would like that too.

...........and Mom does not have a middle age spread, but a size I could put her through a keyhole or hide her behind a fence post. She is wee bit of a thing.

..........and I am not slow on things........just no internet so it takes some time to manage this global operation in for some reason the Wifi will not me post no matter how much Inspiration is behind it.



agtG