Thursday, September 25, 2014

the knowledge of good without evil




As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.


This past week, Richard and Stephanie, shared with me some information I desire to pass along, because it dovetails into something of a secret I have been sitting on, and have mentioned in passing, but choose to share now.

They have been gathering things for gardening, and Richard mentioned he was picking up discount lumber which was warped or cracked, which I had never considered, and in reality is a fantastic idea. I am known as a dumpster diver, and have built several boxes from plywood I obtained with permission from a construction site.
You can not believe what people throw away.

This though is about something the Holy Ghost moved me to consider about two years ago. As it is no secret that I am poor, due to no rich person yet doing the big donation of 350,000 dollars, I can only look forlorne at 10,000 dollar garages. If I had 10,000 dollars, there are numbers of things that need doing before a garage, which honestly is a priority.

So I noticed at our feed supply place, that the owner had piles of palates. Those wooden things about 3 feet by 3 feet, that they load cargo on and use a forklift to move.

I inquired of pricing and the gal there said, 5 bucks a palate and 3 bucks for weathered or broke ones. As I was in dire need of goat shelters, I did the math, and figured that for a few hundred dollars, I could get some pens built about as cheaply as anything available.

That is where God got moving things as I had Mom ask, as Mom asking people about things, gets a good response, and after some thinking, the owner said, "You can take as many as you want, as I want that pile moved as I am expanding."

That delighted me, so in the brier patch, I would load about 15 palates into the pick up on our errands to town, and except for one heinous attack which pulled my lower back, I started piling up piles of palates. I think there were close to 200 of them.

I build things in my head....learned to do that in designing a lever action rifle awhile back, and I came upon a design of a lean to slant roof.
What I built this as was using star wood screws as they bite while those philips just gnaw off the power screw drivers. I simply put the palates next to each other, screwed them together on sides, and then on the ends, put on a 2 x 4.
This made a rectangle U shape. On the front I had an 12 foot header, crossed with a 16 foot brace. On top of them, I put 16 foot 2 x 4's, spaced 2 feet apart. Undertands there is a few inches off in this, as palates are not going to line up perfectly to dimension, but the thing is with God screwing up with 8 inch headers instead of 4 inch headers in the lumberyard giving them at 4 inch prices, this is really a nice shed.....or will be.
For a year it has just had a blue poly tarp on it, with palates on top to keep it from ripping off in the wind.

I would add one more header brace half way on the roof to make it snow load perfect, but other than that, the design is absolutely perfect, thank God.

The reason I have held back on this, is being poor, I do not want some money grubber spiking prices on these palates, and ruining it for poor people. I have been reading of some alternative siding, but I hope to tin this, but that is an expense now not in the plan, as I simply can not afford it, with other things that need doing with TL.

I know this would work on garages and yes a cabin type home. There is code stuff that localities have in 2 x 4's and things for walls, but in staying with TL at that complex, the floors squeak in two spots, which means the cheap ass wood used in that commercial structure has popped the nails, and I see the wall cracked above the laundry in this fine establishment has settled in these 2 x 4 walls.

The thing is with foam insulation expanded in, sheet insulation, probably dry wall inside, I think in rough estimate that I could build a reasonable size house for ten thousand dollars, simply utilizing these palates if I had to purchase them. That is not finished mind you with more than plywood floors and walls, but it would be possible to run these palates for all sorts of things. In a treatise I found on greenhouses, reversing my original design would make one tremendous solar collector.

TL looks at Craigs List and I can not believe the things people toss out for free. Honestly in a metro, I would believe someone could furnish a house in a few years, and I think like Richard in scrounging around, I could probably pick up from carpenters remodeling things, about all I would ever need.

I dislike being a begger and a pack rat, but it does teach me a great deal compared to being a millionaire, as I have to sit, think and wait for Inspiration to get things done. It is wearying to always have to plough the back 40, every time, before I can can get what I want.

It is something to think about though, and of course if you had a power saw, trimmed the palates to size on the ends, and then nailed in a 2 x 4 on that end to seal it up, you could make these structures fit to dimension standards.

All who have seen my design, including the feed store owner were impressed with it. The roof boards were the main cost in 100 dollars, which is a far step from 10,000 dollars. I am guessing it would cost 1000 dollars to tin this and make it look uptown.

This is the structure where Emma died. Where I took care of her for months, and where she waited for me until 10 o'clock that last night, lifted her head, took a sip of water I gave her, and as I was busy getting things ready, had me asking her in disbelief, "Emma are you dead?"
She was and as typical of women, waited around to say goodbye.

This is a good structure which you can put on some flat concrete building blocks to get it off the soil, so the boards will not rot. It is not going to keep predators out, but it will keep the rain, snow and cold wind off, and a stock panel will fit across the front keeping things in.

I know there are alot of great ideas out there. Some use straw bales and stucco over the walls. The German Russians had rammed earth walls with the same covering. There is cordwood and cement, and of course concrete. All make houses to homes for people who have more sense than most things.

Believe me, I learn things in people just relating things in passing as I begin thinking on things in Spirit. This morning after watching a Youtube video on live traps I downloaded, it came to me from the Holy Ghost how to make a simple trigger. See there is a dilema in box traps, in the pan can be solid or wire, and the pan can trigger from the front or side.
Side and not solid is best, but the front is the simplest to construct, but the rod can get bent by raccoons, which mine have been too often.
I sort of now have the best of both and I am delighted to be more Inspired than the average bear.

That is another project to get done, as my birds get murdered by predators and I am not going to let coyotes, pumas or bobcats start dining on baby calves.

I have palates, but not wire cages being given away to make things easy.

Any way that is enough million dollar information for free.


agtG