Friday, September 26, 2014

WE'RE CALLING, WE'RE CALLING THE HUNTER



My children, I seem to find things which are impossible to find.

I know that numbers of you are from an era of cartoons which were not sanitized. I recall seeing a cartoon which had a theme song of WE'RE CALLING, WE'RE CALLING THE HUNTER, and yet I can not find it anywhere.

The guy was this short little man from England who was an African colonial, and he always had these wild tales about Africa in how he saved everyone. He always had khaki on, a pith helmet and this huge moustache.

I thought this was part of Rocky and Bullwinkle, but nothing shows there, as much as Dudley Do Right and  Tennessee Tuxedo.

I just can not believe this cartoon has been sanitized from internet and life.

If you want an idea of the prototype which Donald Belisarus made in Magnum PI starring Tom Selleck,  the character of Higgins in John Hillerman portraying that character is exactly who the Hunter acted like. It was always a funny skit and I am sad that there is not one reference online, except some later cartoon about a dog detective, and that is not what this was at all.

Maybe someone remembers more, but at least I will post this and if others are looking for it, they will at least confirm it existed, as when you place that song into Google, it finishes it, which means others are trying to find that cartoon too.

God bless.


LC

agtG