Friday, October 3, 2014

idiotsyncrasy



My children, I personally have never had to move. I have helped others move and known what an absolute absolutism it is in unfun, but here am I learning things in the idiot I am being synchronized to my person.

It is always easy to wonder of other peoples idiotry in the things they accumulate. Odd how is it not that houses throughout the world are filled with things and yet really nothing?
I see this in the Estate Sales we have attended in how children just dump the overwhelming amounts of things their parents have and let people root through them like hogs.
While looking through the books TL and I obtained, I had picked up a Children's Bible, and found recently that the book had been given to the son in 1964 by his parents. Things like that stun me in how can you sell a Bible or not remember it that your parents bestowed upon you.

Yet I learn about things that people do not consider. Everyone thinks women have numbers of shoes while in a tally, I see men with athletic shoes for wearing, for walking, for ease to get on, for comfort, for just in case they stop making those shoes, and work shoes as back ups, work shoes for wear, work boots for wet, shoes they forgot they had, sandles, dress shoes, cowboy boots, and when it all tallies up, I think the average American has like 30 pairs of shoes with slippers, as both sexes seem inclined to the purpose.
The thing is I think women just make piles of them or have them stored in things that make them look like mountains, while men just sort of leave them about the place or stack pertinent things on them like hunting things, so they are better camoflagued.
Oh yes, I have hunting boots too. One is my Beloved Uncles pair he wore last for an elk hunt and goose hunting. I keep them for special hunts where I do not have to walk to far as they are in rough shape, even if Rocky resoled them.

I confess I am not like most women and I can not ascertain if that is good or bad. Women tend to buy things like candles which weigh a ton if you are packing and those trinket things seem to have hidden lead weight in them, but my tendency is cast iron and things like firearms associated things.
It is amazing how heavy 40 cast iron pans can be for 40 boxes of shotgun shells. Mind you, I rarely use them and they are just for looking really, but lead and iron really do make you wonder how a small box can weigh a ton.

Honestly who knew that Corningware or DVD's could weigh enough to anchor a home in a monsoon. I think the reason most homes do not blow away now, is because in tornadoes they 20 tons of treasures which people forget they have.

Now understand, this is me, and I know you have your wonderful treasures too. I am rethinking my love of books and am thinking I love half an ounce flash drives containing all the books man and woman ever typed up, compared to five boxes weighing 250 pounds. I know my thoughts are heavy, but if people in paper are this weighty, mine must be like gold.
That is another thing, I hate it in those movies where the crooks are stealing bars of gold and tossing them around. I picked up a bar of lead once, which weighs like gold and it almost pulled my arm sockets out. While I have no gold to move, I can see no purpose in hording it, as it is no fun to play with or move. I suppose though like the Czar, Czarina and Czarinettes who were wearing the crown jewels when Lenin's communists were shooting them and could not kill them, that a wall of gold would be good bullet proof for a safe room.
So if you rich people who have not donated would like to send me 100 pounds of gold, I would find a way to lug it to a safe room.

I do know that once TL and I hit the brier patch, that when God gives us the home we intend, that we ain't moving again. I figure the piles of blessings God has stored in the brier patch are going to take a long few months to move in a load once in awhile, to keep it manageable.
One thing about me, I never pissed it away or snorted it away on booze or dope. The little God gave was always stuck in something which would not break mostly, like pans or something like books as I have broke one too many glass things to trust in that ornamentation.

So anyway that is the new word, idiotsyncrasy, which means the stupid things people have which you think are stupid, until you have to move your heavy stuff and find out you suffer from the same condition.

I still would like to get a pair of Irish Setter hunting shoes as I read once from a man who was given a pair by the company, so he wrote a glowing article, how wonderful they are. But then who can afford 200 dollars for a pair of shoes? It is like 200 bucks just to go hunting with license extortion and gas now, and Setter puppies are like 600 bucks and then feeding the dog.

Oh well that is another dream and my Auntie always said that people got to have their dreams. Got to have piles of stuff to weigh down the house to ensure against windstorm.

agtG