Monday, December 15, 2014

Ringworm




As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

As a thank you and for the kind words of the friends of this blog, today is update day in something I was going to post in January, but might as well combine the batch as it is a crappy weather day and in limbo I am grateful things are as good as they are.

Somehow by satan I must have pit my lip hard a few days ago. The good thing is peroxide on a Q tip jammed inside of it to burn it, sort of burns things out I guess so it does not turn into a canker sore. So that seems healed this morning.

TL and I went land looking yesterday. Is the point am getting so far from the brier patch that .......well it is getting out of home zone to the twilight zone. I do not know what will come of it, but am looking for crapper land we can work with as I am not into big farming. The one guy is like 90 years old, lives in Arizona with his kid or something and I do not know if I can even find his number......bad part is someone is right across the road with a big damn German shepherd that runs out which will not be a good livestock and my happiness combination.

Am raising bread at this moment..........have like a 4 year old roast I dug out of the freezer which should be supper. So much for freezer burn.

Belle is......well this is about ringworm. You would think that with a nice name like ringworm that worms would be involved, but it is a spore instead, that seems to be some kind of kid and calf disease. Mom said alum and lard, but as calves are not kids, they do not stay suck on. So in round two of the other rescue calf named Daisy, I found online a combo of iodine and Scarlet Oil. I put that on and decided to hose down Belle too with TL's direction as Belle has these things on her too, which I do not know are really.

Odd all the things that are listed for ringworm cures, when the Vets can not cure the stuff.


blue star oinment ..........I did not look this up........but if it is like the Blue Kote which is paint..........I figure that it is some kind of blue oil.

Vetericyn........this is some MSDS thing of some fungicides in alcohol.......says it works, but I like the one below better.


******In 4-H an old timer told me to soak it with Coke - not Pepsi - straight Coke. I actually had a subborn patch on my arm from my steer and nothing the doctor gave me worked. But the Coke cleaned it up in a few days. So if all else fails give that a shot. Good luck its such a pain

That seems a good cure, Coca Cola.

Blue Kote ......that has in it butane and things......would think that any fuel oil would work too on spores if one was going that route.......but fuel oil is not listed while it is for lice on children.


I've had good luck using A@D ointment mixed with tea tree oil and generic athelete's foot cream. The A@D keeps the skin moister than FluidFilm and seems to stay on better. The tea tree oil is good for hair growth.

All seems that this stuff costs a great deal of money for nothing in it. That is why this one amuses me as it was from the mouth of a Sioux Indian.

Milkweed sap


Yes he said as a child that he had ringworm, and the grandfather put milkweed sap on it, which is like latex from a rubber tree. It burned like hell he said, but it cured the ringworm. As that is not around in winter, it is something for the summer time.

I do like the iodine and Scarlet Oil as it goes on easy with latex gloves and the animals are not too jumpy with it.



Alum Lard 


I still think that if ringworm was modern, it would be named SPORBONIC or some scary name like Ebolar or HIV.......like COPD which is the new disease killing everyone..........think it is heart failure of enlarged heart, and as people had no cure for that, they gave it a new name, and now just drain the fluid with diuretics which cost a fortune.

I do not think I will be ready for Christmas.......just no time. I have to get that metal siding for the shed ordered..........and I never got that cheap tractor because an A HOLE kid I knew was working at an implement dealer and said it cost 5 bucks a mile to haul things. I will not forget that unhelpfulness. I am now pleased for all the misfortune he has had. At least I got a contact who emailed and said 350 bucks for shipping which was not bad compared to a thousand. That though is just for future reference as I am done spending money until God gets that land thing settled as in land for us and animals. I just want something to graze, plant baby apples on with wildlife stuff and a few patches to grow my hay and corn on......oats and stuff for chickens and goats.
I will write something on the  land swindle in America and where I do believe it is going.

I know our friends here are swamped too and are busy. Always appreciate hearing how they are doing and how they help, but we understand that life is burning the candle at both ends. The more I see of this world, the more I would rather just write about agrarian and Scriptural things, and pop the few things the Holy Ghost points out, as it honestly is a point  in the people are sealed. The good people found this blog and learned. The others who are rich proved they are satans and will answer for it, as it is on the Judgment Book of their records, and those who attacked are seared. So there is not a point in this of filling things in, as the Bible already has laid out the future.

Belle is a most unique animal, and is probably why God showed her the way here. She is the most sedate bovine I have ever been around. Had a bit of a cough today, but that might have been cud cough. We had her outside the past few nice days in walking on a halter that I was Inspired to make. She really is well trained for no training. She comes in and out, and little apple treats do a great deal to prod her along.
There is just leading and Belle does the walking.
After Daisy gets that ringworm gone, she will get the wide open spaces too. Tried that a few weeks ago though and she liked running like a calf out of the stall and had to catch her with some grain treats.

Am just hoping this California front which is coming through is going to pulverize someone else in the sinner categories than us. I have had enough winter and the calendar says it has not begun. Just think though in less than a week, the days will start getting longer and more light and one day closer to spring.


I really want people to enjoy this Christmas for the good people and treats in their lives from God. It seems the season to just enjoy what is important before Rome burns. That Friday stock market cashing in, in dropping 300 points is a signal the large players are jumping funds. It has nothing to do with the price of oil......except the dupes who were conned into funding oil fracing for the big boys are going to find out that their investments will be capped or drying up, as those North Dakota wells were capped in the 80's and it all turned into a ghost town there until the moneymen drove up oil prices to make fracing a boom business.

For the record, your gas should be down to at least 1.87 a gallon and in reality about a buck a gallon at these prices for crude as the production costs are already paid for.

Belle just coughed again, will have to see if she needs a vaccination later today or tomorrow. Life is just life. You get what it is, pray for the best and move each day to something better. I have decided when my sister calls that we are just going to hang up on her......maybe she will get the message or as TL says, we should record this message:

"Hi, we are probably home now but hiding from relatives we do not want to talk to. Leave a message at the beep and if we do not get back to you, take the hint. Merry Christmas."

The new sister scam is to send pictures of them clutching their grandchildren to lure Mom back into their clutches........oh and Mom's soul is worth 100 dollars in Xmas check from one sister. That is down 50 bucks.......interesting generosity from a woman..............
Am thinking, as bro in law told me like 10 years ago he had 400,000 in the stock market......and Obama pumping funds must have them in the million dollar bracket about now........so more generous rich people. Here is the catch though, sis is retiring from government job she said now........that means stocks have done well and they think they have it made.
I will look forward to the crash of the market, as she will have quit her job, they need expensive insurance and her insurance will be gone.......just like the stock market money will be gone.

Yes ringworm and e cash does disappear when given time.

God bless each of the Good. Our blessing to you in Jesus Name Amen and Amen




agtG