Tuesday, January 13, 2015

jumping spiders




As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

I have a confession which I do not care to admit to and that is I was in a rescue mission in the American South. I do not like making my being hijacked and exiled as a leaf blown in the wind known, but it affords things......troubling things to come to my attention.

I have mentioned that a wolf spider is not a wolf spider every where as my wolf spiders, are docile creatures which delight me. In the American jungle, a wolf spider jumps in lunges and attempts to throw spiderman webs at you as you throw it off a deck and keeps coming back at you like a rubber ball on rubberband struck by a paddle.

I neutralized such a creature after being warned like it's kind if it returned.

Yesterday a sort of bleached out spider was attempting to make a home by the counter and TL instructed me to kill the intruder...........I tried, but it had these huge fangs and as I tried to make it a clap to death reality......and it quite speedily eluded it.
It returned, TL pointed it out, and this time with two napkins to guard against huge fangs, it died.

Today, another spider was in the window and I decided that would not do, as these are not my spiders who do such lovely service in the brier patch. When I approached this spider it jumped to the curtain, then jumped again, and then it succumbed to a crushing curtain blow, whereby I stomped it into the carpet as it seemed only stunned.

As I pondered this, this spider was barely 1/4 inch long, and it jumped like 3 inches. In doing the conversion, that would be like my jumping over 70 feet.

What the hell is up with these jungle bugs eh?

The reason I mention this, is I was looking at the wee baby apples on the deck, and there was another of these grey light brown hideous spiders which jumped like 70 feet for it's size too. I was clocking some bity beetle the other day, and I believe that thing was going like 50 miles per hour.
Now I never killed jumper number 2, but this is spiders now that are quite troublesome and I am going to be advocating the entire American South be dusted with DDT as this is troubling.

Granted, I have seen hornets and wasps which are normal, but these damned spiders are in need of extermination and being replaced by nice docile spiders.
I like spiders really or did.....and then TL's Mum had this planter last year and it had this tarantula sized spider in it, peeking out and dashing about. That still creeps me out.

TL informs me in a previous sojourn in the Southland that TL was stalked by a spider in a room and in watching the stars one night, the spiders gnawed on TL like a dog chewing on a bone.

The world does not need spiders gnawing on humans like a bone, nor spiders that jump 70 feet nor that run 70 miles an hour like a cheetah.....even if it is only on the inch scale. I am surprised any insects are alive in the South with the jumping woodticks and jumping spiders.

I had assumed they sprayed noxious chemicals in these parts as I never see mosquitoes......then I smashed one on the wall with a massive blood splatter which was not TL or LC blood.......only God knows what old geezer or rabid bat that blood came out of. That skeeter would have given a Minnesota insect vampire a good run for the title of big as a bird.


So that is another day in the life........and my call for massive amounts of DDT to be sprayed in Africa, West Indies and parts of America. Give me a scoop for my cereal and I will probably eat a dose to clear me of things too to be fair.
I wonder if these jumping bugs come from the rain forest Amazon jungle in packing that showed up in the American South as the other bugs seem normal.

No need to wonder though......just bring back DDT to solve the problem....kill all them damn West Nile skeeters too.


agtG