Thursday, January 22, 2015

sourdough pancakes




As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

I like flap jacks for the name for my excluisive pancakes, but these are pancakes and as they are my sourdough invention, this is my exclusive recipe.

1 1/2 cup sourdough
1 egg
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1/2 cup milk
2 cups unbleached flour

You mix this up in regular wet dry order.......and it turns into this mousse type stuff, which if you fry it up in a cast iron pan, with hog lard.......providing you sort of thin the batter out with the spoon, this is a pretty good thing for pancakes.

They rise great, bubble up great and taste interesting enough with syrup or honey.

Keeping these recipes for my archive as I have figured that when I do things for me and quit trying to impress the natives, the most important person in life is pleased with the blog and that is me.

These things have a good tough hide....melt in your mouth and this stuff is easier on the digestion.





agtG