Saturday, September 3, 2016

A Thank You

http://mattknisely.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/2226005971_35509eeff2.jpg

As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter exclusives.

I desired what seems like a week ago to thank those who have donated, written notes and prayed for us here.

I have received some good advice that perhaps God desires for me to spend more time in the garden, so I thought I would talk about the garden for a bit as it has become magnificently successful.
This all comes from the conversation of old women at the thrift store, as I live in a rural America where everyone has comments about each other's lives whether we know each other or not. That is what was odd to me in the metro in people there never talk to each other.........unless of course we were at Panera on the weekend, where we got to know the local evangelist.
Odd part in a metro of 2 million, I saw my cousin there twice.......one time I hid and the other time she acted like she was hiding. Great times.

So the conversation was about gardens and the conclusion was clouds had appeared in the gardens, and threatened to carry away the women, as the clouds were mosquitoes. When I was asked about my garden, I of course bragged about the success as it was very successful in I have raised ragweeds 9 feet tall and enough protein in mosquitoes that I would never need to eat veggies again.

I was in there this morning, being eaten by mosquitoes, and cussing the jungle as I smashed weeds and were lassoed by them. The garden appears a disaster, and I will not know the extent until it freezes as that will clear the path of the plague of mosquitoes and convince the weeds to be stalks.

Success in life is ...........well I have football shaped round muskmelons and ribbed tomatoes which should be  round, as God has been creative, like my long round lemon cucumbers. I have not seen such oddball sex products since..........well Darwin said all them darkies in Africa came from chimps. Evolution must have something odd about losing body hair. Seems odd that intelligence means having to wear clothes when you already have them. I would think that you would keep the fur coat and maybe evolve to not needing toilet paper...........hell the monkeys got that already too in not needing ass wipe.
Damn evolution, I knew it was bullshit, as only God could create .........oh hell that is how it worked probably in satan made us aware of being buck neckid, so God clothed us and I bet that we didn't need toilet paper like monkeys  before that apple incident, because there weren't weeds before that cluttering up the gardens and you never heard about Eve asking Adam to rub her bum over skeeter bites.

I had a most successful garden, over watered by God, grew lots of skeeters and weeds........baby fawn at the beets all off.........coons ate the sweet corn, except for 4 ears and cabbages all seemed to rot off too.

I am thankful even if I do not sound it like most times. I just finished 6 posts for later this month about Presidents from the pre Civil War period that I hope assists Mr. Trump, and then I did for tomorrow an inquiry about that rocket blowing up.......and I got to write on that Dick Allgire thing and track that if I can. It appears the time line changed in August.........hope Syria pounded by Turkey does not count as it will make things easier on the NYC824 transfer.

I have a new prayer in 10 rich Jews will donate 50,000 dollars each. I don't want to make it sound like I only like kosher cash, as guilt ridden people can always get absolution by clicking to get rid of that pile anxiety which money causes.

Money, weeds and mosquitoes, really all the same thing. Sort of like time and words.

At least with words I can remedy that with a mosquito flying around here.

Time to move it to the future time line.

Wow a Strawberry pop tart recipe...........


Ingredients
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
8 Tablespoons cold butter
8 Tablespoons shortening
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
4-8 Tablespoons ice water
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 beaten egg
1 cup of jam or preserves
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons of whole milk or half and half

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 8 pop tarts
Preparation
Pulse together the flour, shortening and butter, and salt in a food processor until small crumbs form. You can also do this by hand with a pastry blender.
Gently mix in the beaten egg to the flour mixture.
Mix vinegar with ice water. Then slowly (VERY SLOWLY and VERY GRADUALLY) pour water mixture into food processor while pulsing. Stop when the dough forms large soft crumbs and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
Remove dough from food processor and divide in half. Gently form the dough into a ball. Place on a piece of saran wrap and cover. Gently flatten with your hand so it makes a short disk. Repeat with the other half of the dough. It is really important not to over work the dough, because it will become tough very easily.
Chill in the refrigerator for an hour (30 minutes works if you're short on time!).
Roll one ball of dough into a long rectangle. Leave the other ball of dough in the refrigerator so it will stay cold while you work with this dough. Cut into eight even rectangles.
Place four of the rectangles on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Spread about a Tablespoon of jam onto each rectangle, leaving a nice little border around the edges. Lay a rectangle over each jammed rectangle. Use a fork to crimp the edges together. Then pierce the top of each pop tart about four times with the tines of a fork.
Repeat with the other ball of dough.
Flash freeze the pop tarts in the freezer for about an hour (or longer if need be).

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the pop tarts for about 25 minutes, or until very lightly brown.
Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk. Spread the frosting over the cooled pop tarts and sprinkle with sprinkles if desired!




agtG