Monday, December 12, 2016

The Cherry Pecan Pie

http://www.fromvalerieskitchen.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/2011-11-22-Bourbon-Pecan-Pie-001.jpg

As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.


I have never understood why people whine about making pie. Come holidays, you would think they were birthing a litter, in addition to cooking a turkey.

I remember my Mom used to cook entire meals for like 20 people without help, but my sisters were always having fits cooking meals that tasted like shit.

This past Thanksgiving I made a pecan pie for the first time. It is not I am prejudiced about pecan pie, it is just I like blueberry pie.

The following recipe with some fixing is the recipe I used. I never have been convinced in pre baking crusts as they always turn into these too dry things. All crusts require hog lard and cold. That is their secret.

I will also give you the secret to pecan pie. You make it a few days ahead, as they need time to age. Voila.


This one does not use karo syrup, but I used simple cheap maple flavored pancake syrup and it worked just fine.


Pies are easy, so are turkeys, potatoes, salads and whatever else. Not like the days of wood cookstoves and hauling water from the pump.

Ingredients


  • 1 c. packed dark brown sugar
  • .2/3rds c. maple pancake syrup
  • 3 large eggs
  • 3 tbsp. butter (soft)
  • 1 tbsp. bourbon and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  •   1 tsp. salt
  • 2 c. Pecan halves

Directions

In large bowl, with wire whisk, mix sugar, syrup, whole eggs, butter, bourbon, and salt until well blended.
 
Bake until center is slightly jiggling.

Cool on a wire rack.




agtG