Sunday, November 25, 2018

An Eulogy for Mom





As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

As we could not afford the trappings of a real funeral, and only immediate family members in 15 degree cold by the graveside, I provide for you a glimpse into my private world, in the words which will spoken over her grave. This is her eulogy.



Thank you all for coming.


The first time I came here I was an 8 year old child on a day like today in which we buried my sister. Mom carried that event all of her life. I remember her telling me after Elaine died, she was so distraught one night, that Elaine came to her in a dream, and told her, "It's alright mom, I'm alright".

This past Tuesday evening, she was sitting in her recliner while I was working on the computer and I noticed she was staring off to the distance, but her eyes had a happy glow in them.
After a bit, she said to me, "It never made sense to me all of those babies that died, until your cousin, gave me that book on that child who had a near death experience, and he came back and told everyone about Heaven".

Most of you do not know this, but two years before I was born, mom had a miscarriage of a little girl. She was pleased to know that child was in Heaven with God and faith made sense then in God's purposes.

Elaine was always a part of mom's thoughts. It was more so the past few months particularly. I know now in how peaceful mom died, that she wanted to be with her Heavenly children and went to be with them, and she is at peace now.


Mom's Faith was based in the Words of Jesus.


I am the Resurrection and the Life. He that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.

She is alive, just not with us right now.

We are here because this is what mom wanted. She wanted something with the people she cared for and who cared for her.

If you would join me in the Lord's Prayer, we will lay her body to rest.



Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgives us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for Thine is the kingdom, the power and  the Glory, forever and ever, Amen


These are responsibilities that I never wanted in this encompassing care for a woman who prayed me into this world. It is the right thing to do and even now it is about keeping the Commandment of honoring a parent. I would that I could have had the free ride, but that would have killed mom long ago as I was the only one who with God's help birthed her into eternal Life with TL. Little of it was a joy and most of it was a heartache and a trial. It was always though about doing the right thing and the last gesture is utilizing the Gift of the Holy Ghost again in prose and story to



agtG