Friday, September 25, 2026

sitting in the ashes

 


As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.



Having been in a lifetime of hanging on by my nails over the edge, in the story of Job, there was one thing which always had a focus for me and I never forgot it. It was the pronouncement of Job's wife to him.

As you read this below, understand that Job was one of the wealthiest of men. His counsel was sought after by everyone. He had a large and beautiful family. satan though in appearing in Heaven before our Father was asked about Job, and in the ensuing reality, God allowed satan to do anything and everything to Job, except take his life. There were two such episodes in this saga.


Job below is sitting in ashes, he has sores all over, his skin is black. satan has destroyed all his possessions. satan has murdered his family. There is absolutely nothing left for Job, except his wife.


This moral man who did nothing wrong, and would hope like all humans in some kind of compassion, got this instruction from his wife. It sounds spat at him by her.



Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die.


But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.




Job has nothing left in this life, except his wife. Her counsel though for a man complete broken is for Job to alienate himself from God, and be killed by God to end his torment, and then end up in eternal torment in hell.


Some advice.


This though is coming from a woman who was married to a man of position and power and wealth, no one would compare, he was Wise. Now with her family dead, her wealth gone, her position gone, her life gone, she has zero compassion. By what Job retorted to her, she apparently was a woman of good counsel in being sound in judgments, but all of that was gone. Her reaction was to attack this broken man who could do nothing to her.  She had her health. satan was not bothering her.........satan was only using her in her pettiness to make the last attacks upon Job.

4 people remained, this wife and 3 friends. You have read the wife's lack of support in advocating suicide so she would not have to deal with this man. The friends all counselled that Job was to blame for this misfortune. Job was getting no breaks. The very last people who should have turned on him, were the ones working for the devil.


In the end the friends would have to have Job intercede for them with God, but nothing is mentioned of the wife. I have wondered of her, as I have experienced in my misery a number of times the cutting words of those I thought I could trust. My brother whose delinquency almost cost me my right eye, which put me into the hospital, said upon learning when I got home, as my sister had almost died from a blood hemorrahge due to birthing, "I guess we were worried about the wrong person". 

I did not ask of that kind of shit, but it happens to me. I know it was because he felt guilty, but the mark of person for me is, how do they conduct themselves when they are wrong and how do they treat people who are in trouble or injured. None of that knowing from God helps in the remarks which are stabbed into the Spirit in being innocent and instead of support, you get attacked.


So when I read the epilogue of Job in the wealth that God restored and the children Job had, I wonder if they were with this wife. It is perhaps my weakness, but if I had a spouse mistreat me like this, I sure would not be ever cuddling up with them ever again. I think of King David putting away Saul's daughter for mocking him. Leopards do not change their spots and the worst people are the ones who attack someone for satan and that someone trusts them.




So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.

He had also seven sons and three daughters.

After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations.


Nuff Said


agtG