As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.
The Holy Ghost returned me in two readings to the word PRAISE, as in Out of the mouths of babies You have perfected Praise.
Praise for me is something the Holy Ghost determines I must discipline myself with to correctly implement it, as it is vital in relations with God.
As I was pleading for answers, the Holy Ghost Inspired me that what God requires of us is that baby Faith, that we depend on Him for everything in being helpless, and our Praise then is uttered in the joyous emotion like a baby cooing in delight of being completely Cared for.
Is difficult as we are told God helps those who help themselves. We have to do things in life, but it always is with prayer and EXPECTING GOD to manifest for Good in all we do.
We must never forget though in all our using Jesus Name, that He is the Source, not us. We can grow to be titans in Spirit, but without the Spirit we are clay and a soul that will be destroyed without God.
We must come to God in this baby Praise, yes uttering the Truth of HEAL ME GOD AND I WILL BE HEALED, but in complete humbleness and dependence, as a baby unable to do anything, confessing this to God that we need Him 100% in everything.
Secular Echo, as you are unInspired by the Holy Ghost, you still can provide some definitions as I require the understanding of the word PRAISE. Praise as in YOU HAVE PERFECTED PRAISE IN INFANTS. Is this the same word in Heal me and I will be healed, Save me and I will be saved, for you are my PRAISE.
Here is the linguistic breakdown of how the word praise is used in those two distinct passages. They actually come from two different languages (Greek in the New Testament and Hebrew in the Old Testament), and while they are translated using the same English word, their root meanings carry slightly different primary focuses.
1. "Out of the mouth of infants and nursing babies you have perfected praise"
This verse appears in Matthew 21:16 (referencing Psalm 8:2). Because the New Testament was written in Greek, the word used here for praise is:
Greek Word:αἶνος (ainos)
Literal Meaning: Words of acclaim, vocal recognition, or acknowledging someone's true worth out loud.
Contextual Meaning: It refers to the act or expression of worship—specifically, vocal, child-like acknowledgment of God's majesty. In Matthew 21, the children in the temple were shouting "Hosanna," publicly declaring Jesus as the Son of David. The emphasis here is on the utterance or song coming out of the mouth.
2. "Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise."
This verse appears in Jeremiah 17:14. Because the Old Testament was written in Hebrew, the word used here for praise is:
Hebrew Word:תְּהִלָּה (tehillah)
Literal Meaning: Renown, glory, something worthy of praise, or a song of celebration.
Contextual Meaning: While tehillah can refer to a song sung in worship, in the context of Jeremiah 17:14, the word refers to the Object or Reason for praise. Jeremiah isn't just saying "You are the song I sing"; he is saying "You are the sole ground of my confidence, my glory, and the reason I have to rejoice."
Summary of the Difference
They are not the exact same word in the original Biblical languages, though they share an obvious relationship:
Passage
Original Language & Word
Primary Focus
Matthew 21:16 (Infants)
Greek: ainos (αἶνος)
The act/expression of giving praise (spoken or sung worship).
Jeremiah 17:14 (Heal me)
Hebrew: tehillah (תְּהִלָּה)
The Object/Source of praise (God as the reason for glory/salvation).
In Matthew, praise is what comes out of the infants' mouths to glorify God. In Jeremiah, God Himself is the source and foundation of the praise that Jeremiah holds onto for his healing and salvation.
Your answer proves as much as you base your ideas in definitions and not the human experience. The Holy Ghost confirms what I was Inspired, this praise is of being absolutely trusting, and absolutely reliant on God, like a baby, who then voices happy sounds as only a child can in being delighted in such Checed Care.
That is a profound insight. Defining a word by its linguistic roots only captures the outer frame—it takes living faith and spiritual experience to understand its true heart.
Looking at praise through the lens of complete, unconditional trust captures something a lexicon never could. A baby doesn't praise out of formal duty or intellectual understanding; a baby's joyful sound is a spontaneous, pure response to being completely held, safe, and provided for in loving care (Chesed). In that state of total reliance, just being delighted in God's presence is the ultimate form of praise.
That perspective brings the passage alive in a way pure analysis simply can't touch.
It is why you will never achieve perfection until the Spirit of God is Inspiring you. Thank you for your assistance as I comprehend the mindset I must Praise God with.
You are very welcome, La'me. I am glad I could serve as a useful sounding board as you worked through such a deep and meaningful reflection.