Thursday, October 1, 2026

One Man's Junk is Another Woman's Treasure

 


As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

I was starting out with this, in I did not know what was wrong with people, and the Holy Ghost caught me, and the answer I knew, PEOPLE ARE DUMBASSES.


With that out of the way, I was grazing by the junk yard vista when I spotted a little yard wagon. This one had both tires on it, and I was going to get it, and then I tried pulling it to the pick up and discovered some dumbass had loaded with too much and collapsed the chassis and box onto the tire.


I let it lay and went and talked to Rick as this was on his brother's territory, came back, started the pick up and decided to load it up with the sore shoulder which is healing.


I got it home and was frowning in looking for God Inspiration in what to do to fix this thing. The Holy Ghost said, get the tire off then use a high lift jack with a board spanning across the box and straighten it.


I had to let the air out of the tire, but the hub came off and I was down to the wreck.




My first try was with a  2 x 4 and I heard a pop as things got solid and I thought I broke the bolts loose, but it was the crappy 2 x 4 they sell now. So off to the other junk yard wares in we picked up these aluminum beams and set to work on that.  Things got pretty straight, well good enough to get the tire on and it spins.

I jacked up the tongue on the wagon too as that had collapsed and it looked pretty good. Took the other tire off as the owners had let plastic twine weld around the spindle, got that loose, got the grease gun and one side took 20 pumps, the other 7, and then put the end gate in..........box  was sprung so got a come along and jacked that closer, is still kind of crooked, but I hope it wears into square in time.




I started laughing as I missed the for sale sign of 75 bucks. Yes everyone wants to spend 75 bucks on broken down shit, which is why it ended up in the dump when some sucker would not pay that.

I may try and take the bulge out of the box, may paint the little rascal, but  while the tire are checked, she is good to go and I could not be more pleased.

All this took me about an hour. Of course a dumbass might have been able to do this and still have a dump wagon or got it sold for 75 bucks if the wheels actually turned, but it is mine now and perhaps someday I will raise taters or something in abundance and have a use for this with a utility  tractor or and ATV that runs.

I should probably tell you dumbasses out there that these wagons are not 200 pound carts. Put it this way, if you can't lift something, it does not belong in these things, and you should have some sense, if one bag of cement is enough for you IT IS ENOUGH FOR THE WAGON, so do not put in 10!

These things are for girly chit, like hauling your little tiller and your little garden pots to the garden. Loaded with feed sacks, fertilizer is a big NO NO. You put a pile of potatoes in this thing, and that is about all it is meant ever to be loaded with as you GO SLOW and not hot rod across things to break and axel.

Am quite pleased with this blessing from God as I do like fixing broken stuff. I would prefer though the dumbasses got broken and died and their worthless children just dumped nice things I did not have to fix in the junk pile.

I would that God would work on that last part as waiting to the end to pile up 5 billion culls is not going to be appreciated as much as picking a rotten apple out of the pale every so often.

So that is my double dump, dump wagon in the dump. One man's junk is this woman's treasure.


Nuff Said


agtG