Friday, December 11, 2009

Something which has been bothering me

I have been bothered by something now for weeks and there is not one thing in this world which I can do about it, as it is none of my business and nothing but a reflection on society which I detest more with each passing day.

In my travels, I profile people constantly, whether part of a job or not. It is something just to observe, notice and study people that I do often without thinking as an FBI agent would. It is just part of the training which never goes away, even if one does not care any more for the information coming in.

I happened upon someone though, a female, one I would term mousy, a plainly pretty person, who probably has never been noted for anything but in being overlooked.
For a few weeks, I noted she was single as she worked her way into an oblivious stare around the store she was employed in as a single woman. This all changed a few weeks ago and there on her finger was a gold band, with a diamond on it, that I would term an embarrassment in it was so small the setting actually looks black as the stone is so minute it can not gather any reflective light.

I have noted that I loathe diamonds as they are common as gravel, and have no value in reality, but are a monopoly marketing ploy turning shiny coal into huge sums of money. That is all diamonds are in being carbon like coal, simply heated to a more refined state.
I have noted that I have an investment liking in pink diamonds, but the pink diamonds being rare are now in such horrid shades, I find myself cringing at the fifty thousand dollar plus prices on them for things that look purple or like the above in being a rather dull and sediment looking pink.

I chose the above ring though for it's prettiness in being Euclidean lovely in the design was simply created to enhance a woman's hand. This ring is the type of ring one should be purchasing for an engagement to speak to a woman's heart that a gentleman loves her and would do all for her at any price.
I once designed a most lovely ring I still have in a peridot of the most translucent light green, cut in an ovalish square, many facets and set in a platinum band, with it's silver and black to accent it. Everyone who saw it was most impressed, and it out shown rings of gold, diamonds and rubies, just because my God blessed eye invested the time to create something pretty, instead of something expensively ugly or cheaply tawdry.

In the 2008 election, I know of a John McCain supporter who was his campaign head in a state I will not reveal as their lives are private. I did though happen upon his gorgeous wife and noticed she was not wearing a diamond wedding band, but instead had the most lovely ruby ring on her finger. I never said anything, but I delighted in that ring that this gentleman had gone out of his way to purchase with care a ring which was not in the norm, because his wife was anything to be included in the commonness of life.

I would that poor men would stop being poor in love and insulting the women they hope to marry with that horrid cheap gold and diamond chips which need a magnifying glass to see them.
How much more lovely would it be to actually pester a jeweler to find a band they like, and then put into it a stone which means something to them. I do not care if it is a pearl, a peridot as I chose which is cheap as dirt or some stone they find in a creek bed in Montana. The point is the poetry in sitting down with a woman you love and explaining to her, how one searched for months, took a trip to have God find that very stone in the wilds for them, and then they created that ring for that woman, because they loved her.
Most females would be quite pleased with such a sentimental adventure and those who would not, well they would be outed in only staying around until they could trade up to the richer guy who is sure to come along for sport in a few years, as married women attract cads like Obama does blow flies.

Buying an engagement ring should not be like going down and picking up a new golf club or a new SUV. There are differences in shades of gold even. Anyone who has ever seen that odd colored gold of the South Dakota Black Hills in it's shades of green, yellow and pink, will note that all gold does not glitter as gold.
My Mother had a fantastic ring like that and I can remember sitting there loathing it for those odd colors. Alas though, she thought she threw it out with some vegetables she was processing and concluded a duck ate it.

None of this though helps my dilemma as it takes me back to a bank teller I saw many years ago facing the same invisible diamond. I do not know why men think they can make women settle for the cheap. If Barack sr. can produce a herd of cattle for a most ugly woman to make her feel pretty, then for goodness sake any male can figure out a way to invest some time to make the world not look at their engagement ring and conclude "how cheap" and uninspired.

I am no snob in this. I have a relative who had a wedding ring which honestly had reflective paint on the back of it. I was aghast at seeing that, but said nothing. Upon becoming wealthy they traded that in or it disappeared and now she wears this monstrous diamond wife ring, which is equally as horrid in it has no lustre and looks like old glass without the lead. (That is what makes crystal sparkle is the lead added to it..........I believe if my chemical mind is working that if you put gold into glass you get another pretty color.)

In any precious thing, I would so in the yearning of my soul want my little mousy girl to have someone who actually appreciated her enough to suffer for her or put in enough time to make it appear that the engagement ring wasn't hammered out in a Chinese factory with a label "Really Quality Stuff Here".
People just deserve better at least in the important times of their life, a little gift of the Magi, as the old Christmas story goes in a husband pawned his gold watch to buy his wife a hair brush and she sold her hair to buy him a gold chain for his watch.

People have to settle too much in these wicked times that imprison the poor and enslave the working, so that the joy is being wrung of their souls. The greatest thing in life is to be loved and have someone accept your love in return the sages confess in quotes. I don't see a great deal of love in cheap engagement rings nor in weddings with a dozen attendants and the groom is lost as an appendage to a dream.

The tragedy is most people will not accept love now and are too selfishly settling for the best deal for them, instead of never giving love to others and thinking about the other person's feelings first.
That is how one gets an Obama of mania into a White House which is destroying America. Too many people thinking diamonds are more than gravel and having more feeling for the stone than for the human inside.


agtG