Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Be a Christian American


A woman in my community had a fall this past month and it has been bothering me ever since. She is somewhere in the 90 year old age bracket, and I have seen her probably seven times in my life.

I went to school with her grandchildren and I really liked her son, who let me roam about his property as it was my own trapping and hunting.

What bothers me is his son and daughters, who are apparently too busy in letting commerce and government babysit their Grandmother. The son took out million dollar life insurance on his dad, and the dad died shortly thereafter, making this kid I attended school with a royal ass as he is known by the neighbors.
He is no neighbor and is no grandson either.

The Grandmother in this had a stroke one day, and she fell. She had that "I've fallen and can't get up" emergency beacon on her, but the problem is in a stroke she couldn't move to press that little button.
My Auntie just told us that she made a mistake and bumped her tag and it talked to her, or the monitor spoke to her and asked if she was fine, which she was.

The point in this is, this old woman was laying on the floor for three days unable to move. The mail carrier actually noticed this old gals mail was not being picked up, so they took the time actually drive up, which regulations forbid, and he looked in the window and saw her laying there, and rescued her.
Thank God rural mail carriers are still around violating Obama rules.

That is worse than upsetting that some employee if not moved by God to check on this woman, that this woman would have died a Terri Schiavo death in her own urine and feces.
This compounds as another old woman I have never met, and her children were all the big shots in school and well to do now, that she laid in her yard for days and was rained and hailed on, until someone drove by and saw her shoe in the driveway.

Children really suck the hind tit for the most part. Parents who cared for them are left to rot. Grandparents who dumped a fortune in birthday and Christmas cards can not even be checked on, because the old gal has that monitor and we don't have to deal with them and go off and live our happy lives.
Yes this irks me, especially when my sibling told my Mom that Mom had a babysitter in her walker and she could do just fine.

Who in the hell checks on her at night. Who makes sure she is eating. Who wipes her mouth when she vomits. Who puts her shoes on. Who rubs her legs and lotions her. Who washes her hair. Who make sure she gets her rest. Who gets the phone...........I guess it is all that magical aluminum walking babysitter made in China.

For this reason, I know the readers of this blog take good care of their families, but if possible you have in your community these older Americans or handicapped people, could you just check on them.
Now I don't mean to invade their lives or have to be their meals on wheels, but instead just making sure when you drive by that the lights are on in different rooms which means the person is active. Check if there is a track in the snow or a leaves tended. There are always signs people are around, from garage doors opened to yes even mail sticking out of a mail box.

None of us would like laying on the ground for 3 days with no one checking on us. I know that I did a great deal of counseling online several years ago for free from building websites for people, to saving their marriages to praying for people, and how wonderful it was when I had a problem THAT NOT ONE OF THESE SELFISH ASSES had even emailed in a week to check to see what was wrong in that I had almost died.
All of these people are now gone, back to their shattered lives making a mess of things. So I know how those old women feel in not having anyone bother to see if you are above ground or not.

Frankly this last old gal if I was her, I would cut the entire bunch out of my will.

I know it greatly bothers old people and the disabled to have people not give a damn about them. I always say my siblings are a lot who it is my responsibilty and their inheritance as they play the good child in taking Mom off the shelf every few weeks, making a phone call to complain about their lives as they are going someplace, and usually being cut off on their cell between towers.

America has some good people in it, as Sarah Palin numbers reveal the minority of good in this land, but there are far too many in the majority of B. Hussein Obama leaving Gram and Mum to venture death alone, and then leave them on ice until he can make time to scatter the ashes.

I often think of the old plainsmen, all crabbed up, in little dugouts, frozen antelope hams where you chopped off fillets with your knife, in how their somber deaths must have been with no one around to even light a fire or put a bullet into them to end the suffering.
Maybe that is one reason I invested 3 weeks rolling my puppy around, moving her on a rug around the room, petting her, talking to her, hand feeding her, watering her, cleaning up her messes she felt bad doing, trimming her hair and attending her bed sores with salve. In life, you really don't deserve a damn thing whether an animal or human, but at least in humanity you can make the declining years or the dying weeks at least filled with a mercy you would hope someone would do for you.

It hurts deeply that it has to be strangers sometimes as families are horses asses, but at least someone should check, because even as everyone has to live and die alone, at least they can know someone cared enough to check.

Not everyone is Teddy Kennedy or Ronald Reagan dying in luxury. Most are going to have to face the warm blanket of death wrapped around them nestling them into the next world. It isn't about the death which people need others, it is about the struggle until they give up that they need to know someone cares.


agtG