Saturday, July 6, 2013

General Cherry's Stir Fry




OK. I'm fantasically excited about this.......because I'm excited.

It was not so much the meal, but it was that I afterwards was shown that I made an entire meal out of stuff people threw away, that God had plans on for me.

See TL was off cooking a birthday celebration for sister of TL, and I decided with Mom it was time to make some stir fry........as Shelly from the grocery had some bok choi on sale, and I love bok choi like.......well Cherry loves bok choi.

Where was I?

So like I have this recipe, that is lost for stir fry, which sucks as I liked that recipe, but the things they put on stir fry made me sick to allergic death, so the recipe was gone, but as God has been good to me in giving me a hand hammered Chinaman wok, with cover, with fire ring base....but no shovel........
Yeah no shovel........I looked up online and I really like the shovels, but no shovel, and no ordering shovel as shipping was more than shovel......really dislike all that as a wok without a shovel is like a gravedigger without a spade.

Anyway, so I have this old chicken breast stuff, that made me sick, but I was not throwing it out, as I found I can boil that poison and get the poison out.......so into the sauce pan God gave me too that I thought sucked, but as I cooked with it, I really like that sauce pan the best of all my pans with little thin copper bottom, and I was given a perfect lid at the junk store for it, so into the pot went chicken breast and it boiled into a milky white ick, that I threw away to the cats, and the chicken I sliced up into pieces.

So the junk store had this auto rice maker thing. In previous times, I would have winced and said that is as stupid ass gimmick, but in TL times, as TL has a rice cooker from Mother of TL, that I really was impressed by, God put a rice cooker in the junk store for me, and as most people are idiots like I was in sneering at rice cookers, I got this one and I really like it, in you just put water, rice and click a swich and go off cooking or things.
Who would have thought.

So the rice is on, cooking and I'm dicing up things after washing them.

I have like bok choi. Then broc stalk I pealed. Then small finger of ginger grated, a Mexican sweet green peppper, one light green half of a Mexican pepper that bites hot and then is not, half an onion, and a 1/3rd cup of soy, and this goes into an olive oil oiled wok with lid on, and it just steams at about half heat.
So as that gets rolling, I put in a can of chunk pineapple, and save the juice to mix with 1 tablespoon of corn starch.....imagine that I can eat corn starch, and I add the chicken....1 tsp salt and pepper to taste like 1/8 tsp.

I think Amish peas or fresh snow peas might be nicer than the pea tasting Mexican pepper shaped like chicken heart that is really dark green......although the pepper does hold up like shoe leather.

Any way you get the veggie thing stirred and cooked to crisp, and not limp, and then feed it that corn starch and pineapple juice and corn starch, and you have stir fry.....enough to make like 10 meals.

I think if I looked for a Dole pineapple stir fry recipe that it probably would have it  there.........the original had pork which is sour, but I think beef would beef it up pretty good too.

So I was pleased as I got to without shovel, use my cookie spatula from the junk store and dish it up with a junk store spoon.........all things from a junk store and I got to play with them all with on sale bok choi.......which was not as buttery flavor as I liked, but this is a good base recipe for sweet and sour........I did add some sugar, but do not know if that is necessary....maybe just tablespoon as something knocked that soy flavor and things down and  it probably was the white sugar.
Pineapple gives nice punch......pepper gives heat, and is served on rice and looks pretty with corn starch.

I think that is about all I have to day on this...........except God be praised, as this was like 130 bucks worth of cooking stuff, I picked up for like 6 bucks over the years which God made available to me as He likes providing play toys for me to play with.

I really like this Chinaman wok though. Is way too think, but is hammered as what my heart lusted after.......but God really needs to get on that million dollars and that wok shovel, as a million dollars makes food taste better and a wok is more fun to play with a wok shovel.

I saw this Chinagal with her wok on television......had a wok shovel. She put like peanut oil in her wok shovel and then into the wok. Was really something eye catching as I would just dump it into the wok, but she used it to measure and I suppose it helps keep things from sticking to the shovel.

Am really pleased as made like egg rice thing, and that sort of over cooked, but this stir fry did really great so am really excited about this wok again. It steams really good....stir fries too, but this egg stuff needs more oil and I do not want oily eggs or rice. Will get it done right, but this was all good as the learning is always the million dollar knowledge fun.

nuff said



agtG