Thursday, October 17, 2013

Real Tigers Walk



When I was a child, we had on the west side of our sharecropper dwelling the only thing of value to me in all the starkness and that was a clump of tiger lilies. They looked os out of place with the other little violet type flower weed there that when my dumb ass sister mowed off the violets and I gave her hell, it was a lesson in just how brain fricking dead the world is, in they can live every day next to something and not pay any attention to the value.........exactly like this blog with the non donating rich having their heads stuck up someone elses ass in thinking this is all gong to stay around because they have money.

Fuel oil of course killed those lilies and it was something I lamented always. So when the opportunity came in a Gurney's seed catalogue to gain some lilies I bought for 20 dollars more lilies than the planet could grow as they were on sale.

In that batch of field run bulbs, were tiger lilies.

I learned of them again as an adult in the splendor of what they really are, as many people claim to have tiger lilies and they are just orange lilies. Real tigers have a mystery as they have legs, along with pointing down flowers with freckles on them, on rich dark green stems.

It is the stems which give the tiger her legs as on wet years, in each stem, a little black bulb is produced which just sits there until it is knocked off, and by this the tiger lily spreads itself as it walks around the place.
My lilies walk around my house and show themselves in August in the splendor of only they can possess.

I love tigers, because I always wanted to hunt one and shoot one, but that will not happen now as there are too many Indians displacing them. I would have loved to have had the skin though upon a grande bed with the tiger tiger eyes burning bright.

I did forget too that I break out from the pollen of the tiger lily in it make me itch. Apparently they are just for looking  and not for pollinating.

I do have TL in this and my tiger world is complete, but I am of course a tiger lily snob too as well as tea and jelly. Some flowers are more than other flowers. Lilies are aristorcrats and why the French chose them as their royal seal.
I like lilies because they are tough birds in the day and bulb varieties in being constant for years while other flowers promise to come back, but like peonies disappear leaving you with nothing and roses are just too intensive care for all they attention they need.

My tigers though are in my forest of the night, burning in my heart like TL. Such beauty in orange and a loden green, and then those little Christmas like balls nestled in the stem leaves, keeping the secret that tiger lilies all have legs.


agtG