Tuesday, November 4, 2014

27 Minutes



As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

I had a teacher, who I was informed of by the son of a big game poacher, that he routinely came to class after lunch break with whiskey on his breath.

I have a great deal of strange stories which were routine at Gestapo High.

The thing is this teacher always had a current events segment in class, where all of us had to bring in stories on Monday from the print media, so we could discuss them in class. After a few times of 25 stories with the featured headline, I had enough of that nonsense and embarked upon something different.

I recall this teacher hating me as most did, until my report card featured straight A's which made them look good to the other staff, and then I became a favorite. I did though have a problem with not taking things serious ever and finding ways to make a circus out of the routine.

I had to ride the bus for 90 minutes a day to reach school. I am for the first time doing a wasted life formula and that seems to factor in at 285 hours a year gone from my life. That is almost 12 days a year, or 144 days......or over a month of my life gone riding that blessed bus.
I care not to think about the wasted time in school......and being in child labor, as I probably had only 27 minutes, minus sleep, that amounted to anything in 12 years of education.

Meanwhile back to the Pulp Print.

So in riding that bus, and disliking this stupid current events thing as I did watch the news and read the paper..........I spent a great deal of time looking through the newspaper before I ran off to the bus, to find the smallest, most stupid, utterly worthless story I could find to bring to class.

My favorite stories were the ones of one statement like:

"Dateline Buenos Aries
Consuella Lustoffa Guetterez attended the fashion show of Blando Spee with her new husband, Alfredo Blanco Norte."

The teacher would call on me as I had my hand raised of course, after the first wave of "War in the Middle East", and produce my snippet and read the lengthy contents.........to which the teacher would ask who was Seniora Guetterez and I would shrug with a smile and answer, "I do not know".......and that would begin my being ignored for being a smart ass.

I actually think that I added a great deal more to class in my quirks, as I spent more time in looking for a story which was so small that it would fit in my billfold. It was one of the seconds of the 27 minutes of life in school I had not wasted.

I got into trouble numerous times from teachers though in doing things like this, as teachers wanted me to take all of this so serious. I remember I got an A and then an F on a paper I had to write, as I sort of said in career exploration I wanted to be a professional trapper. I got away with it, until two other children took my lead in creative writing by composing they wanted to become professional snowmobile racers and a rodeo bronc rider.
I did the work, but not seriously which pissed the teacher off to flaming red hair. I brought it up that there was in fact such an occupation, I did the research and would produce the documents, including a trapper school........to which the teacher backed down and said I got my A. I still do not know if I got the A, but I do know my two associates got their F's as they refused to dive in bluff their way through.

I always had a problem in if I liked a teacher I would work for them.......if I disliked them, I refused to put in the effort. The reason the military and I were not complimentary, as for some reason military types just do not like being questioned about things.........like, why do you need a college degree to fly a jet? People who follow rules do not like being questioned by those demanding an explanation for a stupid rule.

I never was much of an ass kisser, unless of course there was some psychological game involved, otherwise hate was just easier to manifest.

This should probably wrap up as I could use some sleep, but what is the point of resting when I will wake up again.


agtG