Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Beardless One



As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

This is the continuing story of the bread of life.

Above you will find the two Biblical "wheats" of wheat and barley. I am impressed with Manker Barley as it is 3 feet tall. The Anthony oats is later, but still growing.
Not in this photo is the Era, the midget wheat, which is shorter in barely 2 feet tall. I was expecting that to be the early wheat, but it is the late wheat.

The focus of this post though is Thatcher Wheat, which is a crossbreed from around 1925 AD in the year of our Lord. What surprised me of this child of the legendary Red Fife, is that she is beardless.

This Thatcher reminds me of Quack Grass in it is really a primitive wheat. I have not seen beardless wheat for a very long time and it is a nice surprise. It is of the same season as Lee, but the Manker is separating them.
What is interesting in this is, the large farmers who had their Monsanto wheat in 2 weeks before this Thatcher and Lee, were caught by the old heritage varieties. That means they are earlier and I am interested to see how they perform.
I realize that these wheats were 18 to 35 bushel crops per acre and not like the GMO hybrids of 50 bushels of non nutrition foods, but I am giving them a bit more of a drink of water to make certain I get every kernel, as this is about getting the manifold increase fast, so I can get to the acre size planting, as these crops are not available anywhere.

That is the shame in this, in the Canucks have the Red Fife, and not a great deal of distributorship anywhere else. I will continue on..........and barring Baby Belle chewing off 1/4 of the dwarf wheaet which I hope returns to head out, this should produce what I am looking for.

I like the idea of Thatcher, but recall that it was the Era dwarf which did well in cold dry weather, while the Lee dragged behind, and Thatcher was just holding it's own. The barley comes up good, early and thick......grows tall and it does produce a nice seed head.

The Anthony oats puzzles me, as oats usually is a bit more earlier. This is late except for one head which I do not know if the USDA put in another variety of a kernel or it was an early mutant. Not in the mood to grow out one head of oats either to make that my early crop.
My dad used to grow a variety called Lodi which was dwarf and early.....he went back though to whatever was being grown......for all I know it was Anthony.

I am pleased with Thatcher and Lee. Era is going to have to catch up, and it can not be blamed that Belle and Daisy liked chewing on it........makes me wonder what kind of sweet straw that variety has in the animals bit down on it, and left the other varieties alone.
That is important if you have livestock as wheat straw is not preferred to oats.......yet this short wheat in Era was the one getting the long tongue treatment in turning into cattle.

Everything matters as short wheat means less straw to deal with.....also means less choking out of weeds and in most cases shorter means less yields........have to assess all of this in the pillow case threshing which is coming.
Will know more of this in mid August when the seed heads are ripe.

It is though about the beardless Thatcher which surprised me. The yield looks good, but it will all have to make kernels before a true assessment prevails. It certainly did not wilt in hot dry weather for an extended period of time.....none of them did really. They all performed well.
Only pondering I am doing is on the oats. I thought it would be taller, but the barley is the tallest and producing the largest looking production.

That ends this review in the half year of this study. Depending upon God, it might be beardless Thatcher which will be my daily bread in the next 3 year if things go well in the Lord Willing. It is so upsetting to me, that none of these crops are available for planting for farmers looking to return to God given foods. This takes a great deal of work and time to propagate. It will be 3 years before I would have a bushel to spare to eat if things go well. Then it is a matter of many more years to supply a group of farmers if they have the sense to grow healthy wheat crops.

It is too close to the end of things and not enough time to make things work. The richtards have cut all of our throats in their selfishness and depraved natures of needing validation through money which will end them in hell.

Lady Thatcher lives in my beardless wheat. Odd I have several crops I am doing trials on in I am the only one in the world growing any of these varieties any more. Yes while you harvested  Wall Street I was growing another Spiritual crop of far more importance.


agtG