Sunday, September 20, 2015

American Lament




As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

From the Holy Ghost to the American Lament.


The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:

The unfailing love of the Lord never ends! By His mercies, we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, "The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him.

Lord remember everything that has happened to us. See all of the sorrows we bear! Our inheritance has been turned over to strangers, our homes to foreigners. We are orphaned and fatherless. Our mothers are widowed.

We are charged for the water we drink, and even energy to warm our homes is out of our budgets. Those who terrorize us are at our heels; we are exhausted but are given no rest.
It was our ancestors who sinned, but they died before Judgment fell. We suffer the punishment they deserved!

Slaves have no become our masters; there is no one left to rescue us. We must hunt for food in the wilderness at the risk of our lives.
Our enemies rape our women and young girls. Our princes are held in bondage, and the old men are treated with contempt.

The joy of our hearts has ended; our dancing has turned to mourning. The garlands have fallen from our heads. Disaster has fallen upon us because we have sinned. Our hearts are sick and weary, an our eyes grow dim with tears.

But Lord, You remain the same forever! Your throne continues from generation to generation. Why do You continue to forget us? Why have You forsaken us for so long?
Restore us, O Lord, and bring us back to You gain! Give us back the joys we once had!

Or have You utterly rejected us?

Are You angry with us still?

Are you still angry with us?




agtG