Monday, October 12, 2015

Mount Real

 


As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

Life really is a matter of a few good people you do things for and a mob you have to endure, until you come to home sweet abode again.

I concluded this morning that the doe, Ellie, is not going to make it. She is suffering from the same inflamed joints the other goats have which a vet said is genetic to Nubians. It seems that I can not get a distance between one Spirit ripping thing to the other. As God allows all things for Good, I deduce a time is coming when I am being prepared for in which the world will be rent, and the Great Tribulation will be so devastating that it will drive those not hardened now insane.........as the Bible does say fetal position for most people in cracking up under the pressure.

This though is about shelves in the garage. I am waiting to finish our shed, but today my excuse is cold weather and a wind storm. I will find some things to do which are necessary fill ins.

My shin still hurts from being ripped by a log..........my thumbs are about recovered from being ripped and torn, but there is no giving up, as Baby Belle and Baby Daisy have burrs in their tails daily to be pulled out.
Belle has decided she likes eating apple leaves and is busy looking like an elephant pulling at branches.
They are such good girls and am  thankful for them. Belle's vision is more developed in she always can see me when I appear, but Daisy will not notice most times. She must have color rods more evolved.

Jubal the cat is now well. So well that we both have scars on our hands, as the kitten is quite robust in clawing in play. TL has numbers of kitties now. Numbers of silky Angora kitties. They are like people, but some love to be petted and others could care less to ever be held.

I have been harvesting corn that turned out quite well. The potatoes, a Texas variety called Purple Viking did very well.  I may not get the potatoe report done, but suffice it to say that if you provide nutrients and water, Yukon Gold and Purple Viking will produce very well.
Mom discovered Yukon makes really good french fries too.

I read long ago somewhere about Texas in they used to have water coolers to store their bacon in. Ground temperatures is a constant like 56 to 60 degrees depending on location. It is all people had before electricity. The Texans would have their bacon in this water, and then just slice off the grubs.........I do not know if the grubs were in the meat or if the blow flies laid eggs on it......either case, people should be aware that root cellars were good storage areas for food, and if you have a shallow well, and water tight containers that would make a fridge.

My Grandparents has a reservoir or cooler which they would pump water through for cattle to keep it cool. I can remember those long rattlesnake watermelons for the 4th of July from there, which seemed ice cold and so good......but anything was cold in those years of 100 degree heat and 90% humidity.

A hole in the backyard will store more than guns.......is good for food too.

I have to get things figured out here for winter....chickens need something I am hoping like a square straw bale thing........bales are 3.75 a piece now, but they should not need that much room.........one of the last big roosters croaked in the heat the other day.......the kitties really enjoyed that. Waste not want not.


We have never been to Montreal......well except in books. My experience was Montcalme and Wolfe, in the epic battle of the first world war in the mid 1700's. It was the day the universe changed. I always wanted to hunt moose in Quebec with a Winchester lever action..........I forget the caliber and model, but I hope someone else does some year. I remember now, was a 348 Winchester and I read of a Canadian shooting a moose in Manitoba with one........not eventful, but it seemed like an adventure.

Quebec is really an Eden for those who have not studied it. Caribou, pike, waterfowl and a place to grow potatoes. I can honestly attest that the brier patch has nothing in common with Quebec, but it is nice to know there is a place in this world which are nice.

That Red Kuri squash is a mystery. It burns off in the heat.....it drops off in September, and I noticed two days ago that it set on two more little squash. If I could make this Japanese behave, it would be a fantastic producer.
Armenian cukes do really well here......and I finally have enough German cucumber seeds to not have to save seed or worry about it next year in they grow well here. The George Washington pumpkins did well and am pleased for them later.

Hopefully will dig and can carrots, as freezer space is full here.......enough beets for Russian stew later when it is cold........and I really believe that beets if you can sow them into trough planters.....maybe plastic pipe cut in half and started indoors, would be a very good way to handle them for home use.......probably turnips too with a cold frame.
Yes a cold frame, another thing I would like to try and get knocked together, but like all of you it is a matter of not being able to shit money......as my Great Grandfather used to say when his son in law would hit him up for cash.
Always thought that took balls......marry the daughter, move to that desert waste of Montana, and then keep asking for money. Then again I had people who hated my ass, keep having me run their asses off to hell and gone taking advantage of me, while they hoped TL and I would not make it.

We shelled out some late corn by hand. TL did that on the final cob, which did not behave very good. Will just have to see how it goes.........Mom did note the cob was pale and the others were red, so this stuff is not standardized or the genetics are all crossed as I see blue corn in this which has to be sorted out taking more time.

OK I have to go do things again outside. That Baby Belle is stealth. There was a hole in the gate post and gate area. I knew Daisy saw me go through there, as Daisy pushed through the other day. So of course I was checking squash on Sunday, and I hear this push...........I thought it was Daisy, but it was Belle and she was munching on the apple tree as Daisy was stuck half way in the gate hole looking like she wanted attention.
They both wanted attention as they always do as all the animals do. Belle though had it all stored in her head, and just was acting like she was not aware, until it suited her. She is a delightful little fuzz ball now literally as soft as the kitties. Knows how to use her little horns too, to get what she wants. Is an odd combination of Daisy bulk and Belle petite with the little weapons.

We are thankful of the good people, and I apologize for my bitching about the bad people all the time, as it is something none of you need to be burdened with, as you have enough to deal with in your lives in your taking care of yourselves is always most important.

The Holy Ghost had Psalm 124 yesterday for my reading, and I post it here, as I was too busy yesterday.

 1 If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, now may Israel say;
 2 If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us:
 3 Then they had swallowed us up quick, when their wrath was kindled against us:
 4 Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul:
 5 Then the proud waters had gone over our soul.
 6 Blessed be the LORD, who hath not given us as a prey to their teeth.
 7 Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped.
 8 Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
 


agtG

















agtG