Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Sorbet Pumpkin

http://www.cherrygal.com/images/SquashAmishPie.jpg


As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.


We were blessed with an ample supply of pumpkins, French pumpkins...no not those Cinderella things, but the sweetums of sweetums in pumpkin pie.

So TL found this Sorbet desert, which I was skeptical of, as I am leary of things like pumpkin soup as ......most squash makes me want to vomit, as it tastes like vomit to me......but I do love pumpkin pie.

This is our recipe, which we tried and we do like. It is surprising with our sweetums pumpkins that the bananas overpower the pumpkin. So I can not speak to what a stronger pumpkin might do to this mix.

Recipe for a food processor

6 ripe bananas
2 cups processed pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
1/3rd cup light brown sugar

Blend to a puree and place in freezer.

That is the simple recipe and it produces a more banana breakfast thing almost than anything. It is though a way to deal with pumpkins if you grow them, and have piles of them, as one can only eat so much pie.
We have other recipes I intend to try with TL. This particular French variety is very old and not available to the public any more from major retailers.  I do intend to try this though with the American standby as the "best pumpkin pie pumpkin" of Winter Luxury to compare. I just need to get processed around 5 gallons of this stuff, so it does not go to waste.

As another Lame Cherry exclusive for a Holy Day of Thanksgiving treat recipe.





agtG