Wednesday, September 21, 2016

A Remedy to Skunk Scent

http://1funny.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/dog-bath.jpg

As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

Sandy mentioned in a note today about her puppy getting sprayed by a skunk and nothing working. While I have no experience with Stink Bugs, although I would believe something is out there at a farm supply store, providing one was careful with pets.......I do have something for skunk scent.

The formula is simple

1 quart hydrogen peroxide
1/4 baking soda
1 tablespoon liquid soap

My Ruby once was sprayed so I could see the yellow streak on her chest.......well it disappeared as she began rolling in mud and became a facsimile of a piglet. What I used was the above recipe, and it did work in this worst case situation.

Caveat here though, is Ruby would smell like skunk when she got wet in I would get a scent of it then, but it was not a problem otherwise.

This is a simple solution and can be repeated. I do not know if it works after it sets in after a week. Just do not get this in your pet's eyes, which is part of the problem as dogs of course get face sprayed, which is probably why the scent remains a bit when wet.

There is a really good treatment too in you get a box trap, put cat food in it, and it captures all sorts of skunks and raccoons. I stop with the advice at capture, except do not attempt to dump them into other areas, or it is like Obama invaders dumped in your yard. You don't want them any more than Syria wanted those culls.



agtG