Saturday, January 21, 2017

RIP Miguel Ferrer



Miguel Ferrer Picture




As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

I was saddened by the death from cancer of one of my favorite actors in Miguel Ferrer this week. I have always had a prejudice for Mr. Ferrer, as I worshiped the performances of his father Jose, who had a Cyrano world of marrying Rosemary Clooney, who was the eye candy for the Bing Crosby movies and concerts.

Yes she is the Clooney who is responsible for that self absorbed George Clooney.

Miguel Ferrer was none of that. Think of him as the common sense so void in George Clooney to Alec Baldwin. I recall an appearance of his on television after 9 11, giving the media holy hell for reporting that bin Laden's location could be pinpointed by his backdrops. bin Laden put up the white wall after that treacherous insight.

Conservatives will recognize another cousin of Miguel Ferrer in the indomitable B 1 Bob Dornan.

My condolences to Mr. Ferrer's family in his wife and children. I had always hoped to become wealthy and produce a roll for Mr. Ferrer as his talent was one of the rare things, in he could actually act.

His best work was Robocop, Iron Man III and Tales from the Crypt. Think of the wasted space of Tom Hanks and Tom Cruise in if Miguel Ferrer had starred in those movies.




agtG