Monday, April 10, 2017

The 38 55 Medicine for Big Foot

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh_6Yu6hveVW0GY0FMDa8lCi-8wq7smeoo2eKg-jrGnIZ8TNLEA0OXRYf4fqcYCn5HhvKusijTAjnztjr42zbOO87Muz77btfwIaTcoZjRFo69IYfKS7I4PQsMAE9kEcVBTPcpphP-ky53P/s1600/Bili+ape+in+1912+book.jpg



As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.


I have been pondering this for some time, due to the fact that if one ponders only the things which can be proven, one might as well ponder dragon slaying in what type of firearm would provide the correct antidote to this beast.

The subject is killing big foots or sasquatch. As no one has ever bothered to shoot a yeti, but I did hear of a Russian who was having sex with a female, we have to find out what history says about the subject.

The only account I have ever come across of Americans shooting big foots was a hunting party blasted one, it fell off a cliff, and then as the Americans were barricaded inside the big log cabin, the big foot's attacked and slammed the cabin and things all night, and that was about what happened in that story.

See the thing is the Indians had all kinds of stories about little people in the Bitteroot forests and that never panned out, so we just continue on with the story of bagging a big foot.

Other stories have them shot with shotguns, which is ridiculous, as that ain't going to bag anything unless it is up face close as they are not grouse. I hear of woundings and running off, but no one ever kills these things, except of course for our hero, a Canadian named Peter. Here is the killer below.



See the story goes that Peter was out hunting his majesty's elk, as they would be called in Europe, and in America, they would be called moose. Peter of Manitoba was poor, was bagging deer for his kindred and went out with two other people before the "big fires" to poach some moose.

I will let him tell the story as it is his story, as he is central European and scared the Canucks were going to hang him or something as this was in World War II, and he was out poaching after all, and them Royal Canadians had a propensity for hanging folks not like them, as Louis Riel was strung up for being George Washington West of the Red River of the North.

Any way, let's see if I can find his story:

Here it is and for background, Peter was out hunting moose and found a cow, and put a round into her, and like all moose, she ran off, as moose like bears can carry a great deal of lead on their feet. Peter was shooting a 38 55 Winchester or as it was originally called the 38 55 Ballard.

The story:

It happened the first week of November, 1941, 62 years ago, when Peter was 17 years old. He’d gone hunting for moose with two friends around Basket Lake, a small lake about 15 miles west of Gypsumville, the town near where Peter grew up and has always lived. The two friends hunted the east side of Basket Lake; Peter wanted to go to the west side, which he knew was good for moose and elk. There was patchy snow on the ground and Peter found ambling moose tracks criss-crossing the area, indicating feeding animals.

The spotty snow made tracking difficult but he moved ahead: “…Sure enough, I did see one in the willows feeding with its head down, and it was a cow moose – no calf, I didn’t see a calf, and no horns, so I knew it was a cow. At that time the bulls still have their horns. But, in 1941 yet before the major fires, there were bush and willows so thick that you couldn’t believe it. So you had to shoot through willows, there’s not… you didn’t always have an open shot, so… take a chance. So I did shoot, because I knew… take one or two steps and… [It would be gone].”

Q: Where did you shoot, where did you try to hit her?

P: In the chest.
Q: Was she broadside to you?

P: Pretty well, but not fully broadside… and I did shoot, fired a shot… and I walked slowly and, yes, there was a little bit of blood on the right side, you know, as it’s running, you could see where it sprinkled a little. It didn’t look good; I could see I didn’t hit it properly. The bullet deviated from the brush. But I had no choice, then, and the blood made it a little easier to track it. There was blood here and there; you could tell you were on the right track. So I tracked her slowly, I’d say for a half hour, but very slowly.

And… I looked in the willows… again, and I could see all this hair, so I thought to myself ‘Well, I’ll slow you up,’ and I took a good aim and I fired. It disappeared… looked like I got it, so I walked up to it slowly… It wasn’t far, 45 yards, only – ‘cause that’s about as far as you could see in that stuff – if it was that far. But I took my time, because when you approach a big game animal you have to approach carefully. You carry your gun across your chest with your hand on the breach, ready to fire. If it wants to jump you, you have one good shot, point blank. Don’t raise the gun to your shoulder, just turn it and pull the trigger. That’s the last chance you got. Because a big game animal, he gets you, you’ve had it.

So I looked, I could see him… what the hell is this? Holy buckets! He’s lying there and one foot was up, you know… So I nudged him in the foot and slowly walked on this side, still hanging onto my rifle like I was supposed to, and I picked the hand up with my right foot, to see the bottom. And I walked around and I could see where I hit him, in the back, high in the back, between the shoulder blades, right in the back. It must have been bent over… because – to look at the moose track and the blood or something like that – I didn’t see a head.



What Peter concluded is the big foot was following up his moose, and he surprised the big foot as it was doing what big foot do apparently, and it appears he shot it up the vent or more to the point, spined it.

It seems to be an instant kill in spining it, as it dropped in its tracks, and when he walked up, this is what he found.



As this is getting boring and the only interesting part in this is the shells and the gun, we go onto that or else you just got a sparkler and a rock.

Peter does not say what kind of gun he had. He mentioned a Mountie bought it off him as the barrel was shot out. These guns came in single shot Winchester High Walls, to the Savage 99, Winchester 94, a Colt pump and the Marlin 336.

Whatever the rifle which I would have loved to have had, it was no elephant killer or grizzly killer on the spot really........not even close to the lovely Sharpes and Remington buffalo rifles.


Cartridge

Max
Case
 Length
Max
Overall
Length
Bullet
Diameter
"
Max
Pressure
CUP
Bullet
Weight
Grains
Typical
Velocity
FPS
Typical
Energy
Ft/Lbs
38-55 Winchester 2.085 2.510 0.377 +0/-0.003 30,000 255 1320 987



In fact, the 38 55 which is a 38 caliber rifle in the 375 class of bullets was later necked down to the smokeless 30 30 Winchester which filled America once from John Olin, and basically killed lots of game, but you had to keep shooting it until it dropped. The Savage 300 was superior as was the 30.06 Springfield.

But apparently on ass shots on big foots around 1000 foot pounds from a 255 grain lead bullet short circuits the big foot's neuro system out and puts him out like a light.
























No chit on this one, as this is about how big the cartridges are in the 30 30 is on the left and has been necked down and the 38 55 is on the right. Best I can tell is old Peter did not clean his gun, and wherever it came from they used black powder and rusted the barrel out. Any case if he was shooting smokeless powder it was like 30 grains, the second number used to mean black powder grains back in the day, but this is about big foot slaying not interesting cartridges nor Mounties that cheat poor eastern Slavs out of their guns.

So any way, I would think that any 45 70 would put the pole axe on a big foot, problem is ass shots are not exactly what seems the norm to spine them, and who shoots a moose first and finds a big foot stealing it eh?

I once read a ripping good yarn in Africa about an insane swamp gorilla. Yeah I know you know all about the 220 pound mountain apes that Jane Goodall was masturbating with, but this was genuine bonafide swamp gorilla.

http://public.media.smithsonianmag.com/legacy_blog/Gorilla.jpg

See ugly ass thing really and imagine it retard, almost like a coon ass Cajun down in the Bayou. Anyway, thing was insane and they were hunting it......or it started hunting them. Apparently swamp apes can rip a man like a zipper by grabbing his legs, and they bite the barrels of gun barrels in two.
I forget what kind of blaster the boys were using to bag the insane ape, but if a mountain gorilla is like 220 pound and are like 51 inches.........yeah 51 and not 52, so they are like 4 feet three inches and carry 220 pounds, so if a big foot is like 87 inches..........that would be 7 feet 3 inches tall, that would mean dude would be like 440 pounds on the hoof.

Susa group, mountain gorilla.jpg

That would be like shooting an elk, but you know they got all that tit muscle and that makes me wonder if they are like hogs in having like gristle there, because back in the day them old wild Russian boars in the cane thickets would get shot by 30 30's and those lead bullets would just flatten out as it was like body armor.

So I would calculate that unless you get a vent shot, that you might need some penetrating load, like that 45 70 with something brass tacks to put out the plumbing. Of course one could never have enough gun and a nice 50 BMG would probably be more comforting when all you got between you and something built like superman is thin air.

I got myself that junker Remington Rolling Block in that Swede cartridge, real moose killer they say, so if I ever get it fixed, I think I would arm myself with that as it is 50 caliber I think or maybe 45.......I forget as I have been poor so long that I never even get to try and free the froze up screws as them Swedes really put the torque on screws. Probably did not want Finns defending themselves from Russian invaders stealing their screws.

Any way this post was for my pleasure, as it is more fun talking about unicorns and things, than what the world has become. It is always good to know that an Austrian who was scared shitless of Canadian Anglo Saxons led by a German King, knew how to put the kill shot on a big foot. Probably the only one in history really, and it was up the ass with a 255 grain bullet, as he thought he was putting the medicine to a moose.

Damn shame he never skun it out for a nice fur body coat for them Manitoba winters and them Indians of South America eat them monkeys in being delicious according to Teddy Roosevelt, so I bet over a sweet poplar wood fire he could have served up some nice ass steaks as it was friendly Canada after all.

I sure would like to get me a 38 55 gun, not for shooting big foots, but just to have one as they are accurate for deer and bear apparently and one can never have enough guns and ammo to look at and not afford to shoot.


agtG