Friday, October 20, 2017

Product Test Slimjet






As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

Ever since, well before, that Firefox "updated" and by another popular girl miracle, thee entire webpages of what I clicked on would not load in the update, meaning someone was screwing with the publication of this blog, I decided to see what else was out there.

I first tried a small one which basically piggybacked off of Explorer. As it did not open up Hotmail, I discarded it as my old IE would not open Hotmail, so there was not any point in using that pisser Microsoft Windows system.

Slimbrowser is out there though, along with others that I have not tried.


There is though a link on Slimbrowser's page to a Slimjet, which I did decide to download and try at 45 megs which is not small. It is built on Google Chrome's codex, note I said BUILT ON, not piggy back, so Slimjet is stand alone.

It is interesting in I tried loading Blogger and Exicte, but  the sites timed out, but when I went in the backdoor through DuckDuckGo search, things loaded.
I used it to post a short story in Blogger My Name is Ghost and did some surfing, and was impressed with it, as it has an Ad Blocker and seems to run streamlined more, even more than Firefox.

I did not spend a great deal of time in it, as I was just putting in my standard links to mail and major sites I visit, but it does have a weather button that runs easily with temperature and forecast, and a host of other things you can load to keep track of like downloads.

In uploading a picture for the blog, there is an auto shrink feature that puts pictures at about 100 kb's which is really nice in fast uploads when you have limited WIFI.

I like this Slimjet. It is a bit different, but it has some very nice features, and as it is stand alone, that means not Google tracking hopefully, as there is also an anonymous tab for browsing.
As Firefox is being prick city in not supporting XP which this old laptop runs, I now have something that will at least do what I expect, and it seems to use less resources and does not waste as much Wifi.

If Mozilla wants to join Microsoft in being user unfriendly, then I can kick them to the curb too.

I will just keep surfing to see what comes up, as I have always appreciated the smallest footprint and resource use for free. It is just something to keep in mind as it seemed to work on my system and I was impressed with the few features I found as it was something I actually wanted for once.



Slimjet - Fastest web browser that automatically blocks ads

Slimjet is a free web browser for Windows and Linux based on the open-source Chromium project. It comes with built-in ad blocker and multi-threaded download manager.
slimjet.com



agtG