Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Corningware if you got 'em



As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

Growing up, Mom had three pieces of that Corningware bakeware and she seemed to have a time with it, and as I did not like washing it, it was heavy, and whatever I just never got into that Corningware.

Things change though and Mom had her sciatic nerve hurt so I got volunteered to do things like wash the dishes. About this time, the thrift store had some ugly ass dirty Corningware which like for a quarter or a buck fifty for two, I thought "Yeah for our house when we get it", so I picked it up.

It was 20 below so I was using the oven to help take the chill off the house and I stated using these old Corningware's as I have an affinity with things broken in in being over used, as these had the blue pattern wore off on them.

I soon discovered that I liked them. I discovered that in my cooking which was not it is time so why we is nothing hot, that I could put things into the oven at 350, type something here and in 20 minutes supper was hot. No need for a microwave and half warmed food that took 12 minutes to get hot as I stood there waiting thinking it was an hour.


 


That is when for again like a quarter I picked up two handled Corningwares, which again I thought "Yeah for our home", and as these things were like costing as much as gold before in dollars a piece, it seemed like not much of a chance.

So I started using them, and discovered the handle did not get hot in the microwave which was fantastic. I am using them in the oven too, which requires a pot holder of course, but these little things work wunderbah too.

 

I actually thought this was some knock off in the one piece, but instead it is a line of French Corningware called La Marjolaine. Still cooks and tastes the same, but it is not a problem.

I literally have been using this stuff 5 days a week. It would be seven, but I cook two days and the other 5 are the Corningware warm ups.

The reason I picked up the Frenchware is because it had a lid on it and was extra cheap as no one knew what this stuff was. Again just like cake pans, kettles and whatever, American women refuse to keep lids on their pots in storage. They are always away in some other location, so the kids throw it all out coverless after they parents go geezer home or sod city, and that means I am getting things which are incomplete and I have to mix and match. I still need a lid for the deep pan with a handle and the other two handled one is without a cover. It just frustrates me how people can not stop being stupid. I know lids are a problem in storing, but it is worse not having the lid. Mom has the same nutty phobia and I was giving her hell this past month about cake pan lids and how she lost the innards out of my Presto pot "when she was cooking".
It is just lazy and undisciplined, but in that I end up with cheaper pieces of cookware when old folks hit the tombs, but all the same, I would like things not to be a perpetual scavenger hunt.

I really appreciate the Americans who came up with Corningware and how perfect this cookware is, IF you are an adult in managing your time and understand how to use it for best results. I like mine in being burnt things on the bottom which seems to be wearing off with use and it allows me to love them as they should be in not being abused.

Mom said that she thought I had gotten some more of this stuff which is behind the chair, but I am too busy to go look, as I have my priorities in I can always find time to clean a pot or a gun, but not a house, nor look for something that is not going to walk away.

That is my Corningware review, like 500 years after they came out with this stuff in the 1970's.


Nuff Said


agtG










agtG