Friday, September 28, 2018

How to cook Benedict Cumberbatch




As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

 I have a dream, well lot's of dreams.

One of the ones I fondly think about though it working on when we receive our home is I am going to choose a cookbook and work my way through it for a year. The latest is an Italian cookbook with some nasty shit like spinach gnocchi, but I figure it is worth a try in eating things I don't like to experience them.

The  thing is I wonder about the seafood chit as the brier patch is not exactly a world market, then again I was in a metro market whose seafood section stunk like the anus of a shark which was feasting on Chinese cooking sewage.

The thing is I have never eaten anything really out of the ocean which did not taste like it was associated with a bottom feeder. It is that fish taste, granted most is not like carp, but salmon is not exactly a good crappie either when it comes to fish.

This though is not a dissertation on  Italian seafood which is a bit talking about Japanese pizza. It is about my dreams which are quite dreamy. I dream of things like cheap cold, tasteless beer with some meals, wine with others and as this is my dream I can have just about anything I want to guzzle.

It is a rather pretty cookbook, loden green color, but I am too lazy to get up and look at the female author as it was very hot today and I feel drained. I just figure some old woman who liked Italian adventure got that book, got moved out of her home, or sold out in being a geezer, and her cookbook ended up in a wet garage where it appeared in the thrift store, with some pages I think I am going to have to steam to get at the contents as high gloss is like glue when the book gets wet.

I wonder about her dreams in cooking now all tits up. Seems everyone pisses around in life until it is too late. I was talking to Duane the Trapper who retired, and he said he was old and fat now, and too old and fat to do anything in retirement.
He was pickling northern and canning them as he still is a pretty good catch in snagging northern pike on a summer afternoon.

I was  thinking I might like torturing someone like Bugsy and his wife with food. Thinking perhaps I could invite Richard and Stephanie as special guests, but I think they would have to be blindfolded to protect my identity, but then maybe I should just sit behind a screen with backlight and a voice changer, and I could be like a South Seas shadow theater. Bugsy would of course think I was mad, but then he has known me since I was a tot. Odd how he never asked me for an autograph.





OK I got up and got the cookbook, it is by Carla Capalbo. Odd sounding name, but then she is attractive.







She also seems to have alot of fun, but then blondes always do.






Anyway, maybe I should instead hold out for some rich chef to donate 350,000 dollars, and in return I will cook their book for a year and feature it here. Just doing a caveat if it is some Jew, they get charged a million as that Yiddish grease balls and whatever Jews cook is like eating stuff out of a Chinese restaurants garbage can.
Just kidding, not really though, but I figure Jews  got the money, so I should charge more as some kind of graduated capital matzoh ball tax.

Sorry I was just paging through that cookbook, and it looks more like some Chow Mein American of Chinese cooking, rather than  Italian stuff. Things look German  too and right now I think I want to find a German cuisine cookbook and cook things German for a year.

Is a pity as I was quite excited on first blush and now I am more thinking what I was so excited about. Really is a pisser when you wake up from a dream, but for 25 cents American wetted up like a dog pissed on it, or 6 pound English new, I am not so upset, as I am sure I can find something in there that  might do for a recipe, but then I got this Pol Martin thing and he is a Canadian French import or something, but his cookbook has better pictures. But that is one big ass cookbook. Bet it would stop a 38 caliber if I shot it. Make kind of a grande thing to cook from a book with a 38 hole in it and my having to read around the hole.
That Italian cookbook wouldn't even stop a 22 and I doubt that it would loosen the stuck dog pee pages.

Anyway I have lots of 25 cent cookbooks as I have lots of dreams and have been waiting lots of years to live those dreams. Odd part is as I make up better recipes than the chefs do, so it is like I am a walking cookbook already, but I have no plans on shooting a hole in me to make me more interesting.


Nuff Said




agtG