Sunday, December 2, 2018

The Brain Fog of People Dying






As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.


I am beginning to realize my benefit in trying to help those who are facing the death of a family member where they will be responsible, is that my posting things here is a bit of a catharsis, as that woman, mom, is still finding ways to disappoint and piss me off.

I told TL that mom died without a pot to piss in, and that is because we bought it the year before, as madam frugal, had not been flushing the toilet, so of course the piss with calcium deposits plugged her damn toilet up. I am still discovering her frugal is screwing me over.


Today was the day for contacting the Social Security, they have  a firewall there to keep people from ever getting through as if you do not answer the voice print questions, that system will hang up on you quick.
Do not ever say "death benefits" or you are going to get hung up on.

So messing around until it decided I was going to get a human, let me leave my name and number, for a call 70 minutes away. They are very busy at Social  Security. But that allowed me to do the preliminary chores and with that I got in and sat down and the phone rang.
The lady was  White and she was very nice. She took care of everything in asking questions. Basically you get zero death benefits, but cripples, widows  and under age get 250 bucks. What the hell you are going to do with that as it covers nothing, but I would have put it to buying a gun as at 7000 bucks for a funeral which my sisters after one offered and the other never brought it up, pretty much sums up me getting stuck with the bill too as they got to put on show of caring about mom. Talk is cheap like on this blog donations.

I spoke to the bank already, so had that all settled, but the SS lady said I should leave the account open for two months, until the automated system hears often enough that mom is dead, as payments will come in and automatically reverse out as fast she said.
My main concerns were I do not have to pay anything back in this, and that was the dry hole I got there, as I was not getting any money from the feds.

Next I spoke to Mom's retirement in the state. They seemed like they could not get rid of me fast enough, but did say the money for this month was hers. Great was my thought as things are looking, up even if most of it was already spent, but it meant no bill for me.
Then I asked about the benefits as mom had me signed up to receive what was the original investment in the plan. That hit a dead wall, as I was told that the retirement had already paid all of that out, and there was nothing left.
I sort of doubt that mom  did not know that as she was up on money, so once again I expected not that much and got absolutely nothing. I just had told TL that I was not going to spend anything, but leave it as an investment, but that sort of takes care of that.

She had AFLAC insurance supplemental too. I phoned to cancel, and I got "we need a death certificate". Ok the policy ends in two weeks, I will not get the certificates until 2 weeks, and when I said I did not want collection agencies calling me. she said it was a NO, as when the policy ran out, it was done.
So no refunds there either  for a case of beer.

I certainly am learning a great deal about all of this in I subsidized mom  for years on my meager income, which did not burden the system, and now I am not just subsidizing her, but she is still picking my pocket as she left me a pig in a poke.

The only thing I can think of in this which was anything pleasant these past days is I was at my democratic cousins house to check on him and apologize for his mom finding out by accident, is that we got to pet his black labs in the living room for 2 hours. I hate labs as they are always high strung garbage, but these puppies were British bred, and cost between 800 and 2500 dollars. Yeah more shot to the shorts in not affording that, but it was so nice to be around such sweetheart dogs. The one puppy was funny and sad, as he was waiting for my cousin's wife to come home from work, and was laying on top of the couch, by the picture window and was the most forlorn dog I have ever see. He was sad, and my cousin said that dog follows his wife around like a puppy when she does get home, and never leaves her.

So that is the update today in insurance needs certificate of death, Social Security is a maze to get through bu the people are nice, Medicare people are helpful too, and state retirement plans leave nothing at the last breath.


People have written me about their loved ones dying and I am so sad for them.. We are not alone. I knew of most of this from my Grampa and dad dying as I paid attention, but the details of it were not like the hands on responsibility of having to do all of this. Wonderful part is I paid the undertaker to take care of Social Security and they did not do that part of the job either. Yes more fun in the Social Security lady told me that everyone should call and check as the undertakers sometimes just do not get things done.
Sort of like mom leading me to believe there was something for me and there was not even an empty purse as the purse was gone. I just wanted something to make up for all we have lost and being left in the lurch, but that was probably another lie on her part.That sort of ends  my compassion for her and any sort of building pleasant memories.
It is what it is though, and I am posting this stuff to help people be aware of all the things the poor people have to do, and rich people will have a ton load of shit to do more than me, as they have lots of things as they have not donated to the blog.

Anyway, everyone needs to get a file box that is locked to keep inside of it the important things, the golden keys to open all doors. You need marriage certificates,  driver's licenses, social security, and all of these fun paper things from insurance, to taxes, to deeds, to titles, at least in copies as you get nowhere without a social security number.
Mom of course misplaced hers one night giving me a fit, so I had her write it down, and that is what I have been using through all of this. I know people do not like this stuff, but I even had things where I could find them for a couple of years, even a will in a lock box that I knew where it was at, as it would be hell to try and figure this out in the brain fog of people dying.

As I have a headache and am trying to get over this relapse of the Mexican flu mom gave me, I am going to go nap and try and rest. I honestly in knowing I would have had a life of hell for the next weeks or months trying to keep her alive in her feet probably would have started deteriorating, I honestly said today that I am glad she is dead. The kicker being the discovery that it appears she screwed me over once again from the grave and I have to be the nice gal who fixes another klusterfuk from this woman.

Ok that's it for this update in things to expect.

What a deal.


Nuff Said


agtG