Monday, January 14, 2019

The Colors of the Viking Heart





As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.


Few people know the extent of the Solomon nature of myself in like the Queen of Sheba appears offering national treasures to myself. Of course as this is a blog of God's Glory, the adoration must remain in the care of my loved ones.

The Viking kindly offered me one of these beautiful prints which were his father's. The Baby Girl kindly photographed  this series of prints for me in her full schedule of outstanding grades in school as she prepares for her Senior year, and then will be off to further education I am certain.






I am always taken by the brooding passion of all things Norse. All they are in music, art and religion all is this emotional color of contrast, of hopes, always aware of the past failures. That is what is exceptional of the Viking in while my mother threw cold water on every ember of hope I ever had in her English tilling, the Vikings always have their sails unfurled and are going somewhere.




That message is what life is. Of course the unknown is there. You can get ate by a sea serpent, killed by an aboriginal in America or be rejected in love, but the Viking, the Norse always tempted the fates. They knew that failure was in the odds, but they also had in their every breath the certainty that wonderful success was just as likely to be the future.





There is always the bright colors of life in each day and the brooding shadows of death in each day. Any of us might begin a day in absolute disaster, but by afternoon our day will have the most wonderful surprise.

I think of this as of late in I sat a box trap by our mail box this summer to trap raccoons, I had no idea that is the place I would set my dead mother after Thanksgiving. I had no idea a week ago when I sat an old bale on a hill just to get rid of it, that a baby calf would be born there to bring me absolute joy and delight.

I am grateful to the Viking and the Baby Girl for sharing these works of art with me to enjoy, so that I may share them here with you, and so that I could contemplate the good in life, and be blessed by the kindness of friends who cared enough to care about us.


I do not think for a moment that it is a wonderful life, but I do have wonderful people in it whose friendship is the extended family I have been so nurtured by. Not all appear here as some are not Vikings, but they are all dear and a blessing from God.


Nuff Said

agtG