Thursday, October 24, 2019

The Holy Ghost Made Us Chex It




As another Lame  Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

TL and I love snack time. It is the part of the day of our togetherness, where we can finally sit down and TL in the recliner and me in the rocker, facing each other, me usually working on some post, but breaking bread together and relaxing or a few moments in something more enjoyable than picking chickens together or fun things like that,  as who does not enjoy being covered in blood splatter and chicken bath water.

Snacks though are expensive, and on sales we were working on a Chex Mix recipe. See I no longer like the Worcestershire regular Chex and that sugar or cheese one is not right either. So by God's Grace we came up with this unseasoned recipe without Wheat Checks as no one likes that anyway, and there is not a generic wheat.

The recipe is simple in:

2 cups corn chex generic
2 cups rice chex generic
2 cups honey nut Chex
2 cups blueberry Chex
2 cups pretzels
2 cups honey roasted or Beer Nuts

That is it. No seasoning necessary, and no sugar coating as the peanuts, honey nut and blueberry have enough sugar. Actually the blueberry kicks this into really the sweet realm if you add too much.

That is the Lame Cherry Party Mix. Is far cheaper than  those dink bags Chex sells or the generic knock offs, and I like this better. It certainly is simple as it requires only dumping, instead of seasoning.

I keep forgetting to get a jar of mixed nuts to  throw in, but that would be something  I remember when TL tells me to finish this post.



agtG