Friday, April 26, 2024

Weed Trees

 




As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.


TL informs me that this year we dug and planted around 100 weed trees. I have written of this before, but this is important in a prepper sense as you are going to need trees for shade, protection from the weather and whatever benefit they might have in food or fuel.

In the Brier, the place of perpetual drought, I have to plant trees and other things on when God is making it suitable, and not arid, hot and windy conditions which kills wee baby trees. The trees we planted this year, were mostly replacement trees which I had planted before TL as a kid.

In the Brier, things do not grow as it is a desert, hot and cold. There are though invasive species which have shown up. I do not want to limit this to trees alone as Stephanie mentions she has Blue Bonnets growing in her location, which is a lovely flower to enjoy and all Texans had back in the Mexican and Indian days.

Here we have trees I mostly hate, Buck Thorn, which is a shrub weed that has a blew fruit that will give you the shits. Box Elder, a tree with bugs, soft stinky wood that burns fast in the barrel stove and red cedars, the stinky wood that you put in chests to keep moths from eating your clothes.

I remember as a kid when these cedars were planted by the wildlife service. Yes your government spreading disease like Mexicans to Americans. They are all over the place now growing wild. They have a Juniper blue berry, the birds eat them, shit the seeds out in pasture fence line and power lines and that is where I go in public access  to dig the trees, because the county road crews or the power company will cut these trees down which is necessary but a waste.

You will never hear any of these environmentalists getting off their asses to save trees like I do, and plant them for wildlife and my use because greens are all frauds. They are bottled water elitists who will not sweat for their ideas.

PB  tells me that wild apples grow in Maine, Every  area in America has some species that grow like weeds, and the south has pecans, Missouri has peaches and I envy those places that have such lovely trees that you can get things off of.
This past spring I got some Chinese chesnuts sprouted from the East, they came, we planted and we did pretty good on the seeds we got. The point is, we now have Chestnuts very cheap as trees are a racket now in no one can afford to plant them.

I priced these cedars and pines in the farm store, and they were 16 bucks a piece. So we dug up 1600 dollars worth of trees. I could never afford that with non donors across the globe.


There is a necessary skill in this. The first is the right conditions depending upon the moisture levels. God was very good to us again in we hit a rainy spell of 2 weeks for our planting, but we got off our asses and finished up on a misty rainy day too.

The second is you need a tile spade. They dig deep to the tap root and you pop them out.




The third is to not get too big of trees as you will spend all your energy digging out big ones which do not transplant as well as smaller ones.

The fourth is you MUST keep the the root ball intact as you can see by the above photo of these seven trees. All plants have micro roots on the roots you see. You get bare root trees, that is why it takes forever for them to bud out, because they are regrowing those roots.
My method is I pop these trees out, put them into the pick up (I do this in trying to never let people know what I'm doing as others will then start this or I might get some asshole screaming at me with vax brain.) drive home, pop out a hole to plant them and stomp around the edges of the tree plug and put in the dirt I dug out.

You can if you have cash or donations, get a power post hole digger to dig these holes which would take allot of work out of this.

The fifth is the planting  times. I have done this depending on winter ends or begins which is like 6 months in the Brier. I have planted trees as late as November, and as early as March here. This year it was mid to late April. Some wet years I can plant trees in September in the Brier.
Fall planting is good if it is wet enough, as it allows the tree to settle in and put down roots, and in good winters they take off very well here.

As you can see I have a short handle on my tile space. This is the 3rd rising of this handle which broke off 2 times  before. It is recycling and short handles do not break off as easy as long ones.

Do not plant your trees to close as they do spread. You can stagger them in rows to fill in the open spots until they grow. Do not plant multiple rows of evergreens as they shade in close contact and die out on the inner rows. Staggering will work, but they do need space. The trees we planted are on outside rows. Evergreens also get spindly if planted in shade of other trees.


For most of you, it will just be property lines or shade trees. We do not have allot of land left here, so ours are for wind first, and then wildlife to hide in as I do a great deal of protecting God's creatures as I enjoy seeing them.

..........and yes due to the medical problems I recover from I ache like hell as I type this. Eat allot of ibuprofen, but things have to get done with the limited resources I have. I take great joy though in looking at trees growing that I planted when I was a kid in learning how to make things grow in the drought.

The thing is though if the vaxed all go tits up, that means with these grubby Mexicans who are not IQ enough to tend a nation as Mexico is a prime example of what America's landscape will become, I know that these cedars will all burn up in wild fires. It is why the cedars never made it across America, as the big fires cleansed the lands of tree movement. Just have to have the horses from dead people, and like Pa Ingalls plough a yearly firebreak around this place. Then the trees will survive.


OK that is your survival information in you should look around in what is sprouting naturally in your area in baby trees, so you will know what is going to grow and stay growing so you do not have to replant it, as it is easier to plant trees with a shovel in one hand, than a gun for protection in one hand and a spade in the other.


Nuff Said



agtG