Friday, May 18, 2012

Adventures in Kubota

 


In honor of Japanese heritage Obama in his Nippon whore fleshed commie mama............no that is not the facts, as I rented a Kubota tractor to till my gardens........

So here is the consumer test.

I dislike lawn and garden tractors as they are like Chevies in good for looking at, but when it comes to putting the pedal to the metal, they just bugger up some way.

So I try to rent this tractor with a rototiller on Wednesday, no it was Tuesday, but I was told Wednesday, but the social retard who had it, did not bring it back, even after I promised I would drop it off at some other renters house which was something I really was looking forward to, as who does not appreciate hauling a trailer around in suburbia in tight spaces looking for some house, you are assured to deliver it to, but no garden plot can be seen.

I wait around till 11:30 and of course no tiller, so I  tell the guy this sucks the hind tit politely and make an appointment for him at 8:30.

I roll in, and no him.

So, I load the trailer, set the tow chain and the lights hook up......and no him, but allot of wind.

He shows up later, and runs be through the paces on this quite used old tractor that is beat to hell by idiots who should not be using things with motors, and off I go assuring him I will drive only 50, to which he looks like I should be driving 30 with that trailer, but as I have been trucking for most of my childhood and adult life, I know when to push things, so I pushed it a little over 60 as I hate jamming up traffic, and off I went making sure things were riding normal.

You always have to have safety chain on, as when I was young, some dumb ass did not have one and a trailer came loose and killed one of the best bus drivers we ever had in school. Truckers are all attitude, but they get it from being stuck with Mexican unsafe trucks and idiots who think trucks will stop on a dime.

I get home and unload the thing. Is a diesel, so is great joy and glow plug it for 10 seconds, and off I go.

The hydralics are shot on it, so the tiller keeps sinking down, and is a problem, but I let loose in the potatoe patch wholesale and things look pretty good, as sh*t is flying and rocks are clanking and things buried are boiling to the surface, and I slug the outfit once, which I have no idea what I hit.
Maybe was some Naps Napolitano underground spy device as they tunnel on the property and try to look up my skirt.

Where was I? Oh yeah, no lesbian sex.

So being a light garden tractor the things pisses up and spins out in loose dirt or when I try to turn with it. Takes more time and at 40 bucks an hour, I don't want to over run the thing.

About half way through I think the fuel and temp gauges quit, but as the tractor is running, I imagine is just a quirk of this fine Japanese equipment which is leaking out of the PTO and the hydro clutch is whining when I engage it.
Social retards always ride the clutch apparently.

I get into some tight places, blow out a stump I was not going to go by, and it makes nice kindling as softwood degrades quickly, and my cows stand watching me for entertainment.

Cows seemed to opened the gate to a new pasture and are busy looking content in being bad.

I run the tractor up to a small garden which is all sod and weeds I neglect and as surrounded by concrete I find the tractor lifts the front end off not liking that, as is back heavy with the tiller. Am an old hand at such things and am taking it easy so I don't end up DOA as my epitaph in Killed by Kubota.

As I had a few minutes left, I played some in some concrete hard soil on the edges and as long as I took it slow, it really went better than me digging in that stuff.
I was really impressed with this rototiller as it self cleaned in grass, dealt with a few short plastic twines buried and when I got to close to some plastic tarp it rolled it up nice, and I unrolled it cussing.

While I still am going to put together my 8 foot Ford digger when I burn holes in the frame to mount the 3 point, this was a nice experience.

Product wise, I do not think Kubota tractors are built for rentals and social retards. The tiller though was put together well enough and it impressed me enough to consider one in the future tense. Always easier to consider your own tiller after you rented one and allowed the rental to find all the things which would have beat the hell out of your purchase.

I would though rather have a 30 to 50 horsepower in a row crop or utility. Look I dislike John Deere things from my youth and am dismayed Ford really stopped making little tractors, and Case is now International Harvester Farmall etc.... which are tractors I always had affection for.
Sort of always wanted a WD diesel to play with as they have 3 point hitches, and are like the old Ford 9 N's. Not like I was going to go out and plow with the things to wear them out, but I do lust after some tractors with loaders and 3 points, as they really make a human last instead of wear out.

Renting wise, I think a Kubota would be ok as long as not stuck with the repair. Buying, still American or that Belarus crap from Russia are probably better. I just do not like all that damn computer crap on American tractors as complex stuff always goes tits up.

I never have run a hand tiller, except a hoe or spade. Do not like little things as you end up lifting the things as if this tractor was slipping, I would presume a Troybuilt or whatever would piss up too, and walking in loose dirt is about as fun as sticking your hand into a pile of cat crap.

So you should really put in a garden for sense sake, as in 30 hills of potatoes will give you around 30 to 50 pounds of potatoes to last until Obama is cooling his heals. Some carrots, lettuce, fresh green onions, and some stupid things you think you can grow.

Tractors are amazing things really in 40 minutes I did what would have taken me 4 days, and not done as thorough of job. That is one thing America should have gone Nazi on in keeping more than John Deere around as every home should have a little tractor, loader, tiller and mower. People are better people who have tractors as they humble you and are fun to play with.

I do know I need rain though......was a soupy monsoon when I was away on my roadtrip and now is that dusty dirt you know will not grow a thing.

Oh well, God provides and now is time to plant my Irish Cobblers and Alby's Gold.



agtG