Friday, September 27, 2013

The Righteous Ted Cruz


From the desk of the Tiger Lily.

Let me tell you a bit about my day, which started out at 4am with a nightmare involving demons in a cruel ambush as LC and I had thought the doors and windows to the source were tightly closed and guarded.  As the demon was mocking my words "in Jesus Name" between dreaming and waking I felt an intense physical pain as the demon had my head in a vise-grip with its claws in a malevolent attempt to keep my mouth closed as I was desperately trying to bind, rebuke and banish it in Jesus Name as I could not force my mouth to open.  As a child, I used to read Frank Peretti in This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness (both of which are amazingly accurate portrayals of what I have witnessed in my life), and think how exciting life would be to experience such happenings.  Well this is all too real, and it is not fun nor exciting with a brief moment of fright to things resolving in a happily ever after like the movies.  It is gripping terror and helplessness and crying out with all your might "Lord help!!!" as every moment is battle after battle in a fight against things not seen with the fully awakened eye.  demons have millenia of experience in torture and terror, and apparently even when Christians are praying and binding things constantly, more keep coming to find other ways in past the cracks in the armor and straight to the scars.  Thank God that He Sends Holy Angels to fight, guard, protect, and minister to us or this would not even be any kind of contest.  Jesus has Won the Victory for us but the learning in how to fight more effectively comes at a high cost in getting knocked down, as it is hard to get up, brush myself off, and continue forward with the Holy Ghost.  Sometimes even the faith to try to crawl is herculean effort after such an attack.  I pray Jesus Carries me tonight as like a 5 year old child I am scared to go to sleep.


Since I am working for the Lord first and foremost, my hesitance to brandish myself before the boss make me constantly overlooked at work for doing things right, doing the right thing, doing things that others deem beneath their dignity (such as using my own personal cleaning products for which I am not reimbursed to scrub a heinous unisex sink and toilet I use less than the gigantic log machine who stinks up the bathroom then attempts to suffocate me with massively oversprayed carcinogenic Glade and Febreze fumes as they leave the door wide open for all to smell), and routinely helping others without being asked as it is the right thing to do (even when they don't deserve or appreciate it).  Every day I see smarmy opportunistic coworkers sucking up to the boss while parading and preening about their petty accomplishments, most of which are earned by sitting on rotund asses and texting/talking/Net surfing on phones, with brief intervals of hopping to it when the head honcho is present.  Each of them would tell you how righteous they are in all the works they do and what things they abstain from as too "vulgar" or "perverted" in being so holy, but not a one would lift a finger for another person at work without making sure someone else saw or knew of it.  

On the heels of a long day filled with copious amounts of the above, this photo is something I find particularly obnoxious this evening in resting my aching body and looking forward to an exciting weekend of sleeping and chores in an attempt to recover from the unpaid overtime I also worked without being asked.  (Am not saying these things to brag or beg sympathy, just stating facts about my life as a stark contrast to what follows.)

Behold, the next great candy hope of the remnants of what used to be the Tea Party.



"He is a true Bible-believing Christian who is not ashamed of the Gospel." 

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.  --Jesus, as quoted by Matthew (chapter 6)


The picture and the Bible speak for themselves.


agtG