Sunday, May 7, 2017

Looking back in regrets walks your front to a Fall

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/95/b6/ca/95b6ca1682514511b90423c29fa28a9b.jpg



As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.


This story was on the net awhile back about 37 regrets people have as they grow older. I looked over this list and none of these things pertain to me in the least. See I have always had the Holy Ghost in me telling me common sense and Wisdom, so I learned most of this stuff by the time my second set of teeth took root.

I'll let you read the following to probably sorrow over and then wrap this up with some common sense.



When people look back and reflect on their lives, what are some of the most common regrets reported as they grow older?

1. Not traveling when you had the chance.
 
2. Not learning another language.

3. Staying in a bad relationship.

4. Foregoing sunscreen.

5. Missing the chance to see your favorite musicians.

6. Being scared to do things.

7. Failing to make physical fitness a priority.
.
8. Letting yourself be defined by gender roles.

9. Not quitting a terrible job.

10. Not trying harder in school.

11. Not realizing how beautiful you were.

12. Being afraid to say “I love you.”
.
13. Not listening to your parents’ advice.

14. Spending your youth self-absorbed.
.
15. Caring too much about what other people think.

16. Supporting others’ dreams over your own.

17. Not moving on fast enough.

18. Holding grudges, especially with those you love.

19. Not standing up for yourself.

20. Not volunteering enough.

21. Neglecting your teeth.

22. Missing the chance to ask your grandparents questions before they die.

23. Working too much.

24. Not learning how to cook one awesome meal.

25. Not stopping enough to appreciate the moment.

26. Failing to finish what you start.

27. Never mastering one awesome party trick.

28. Letting yourself be defined by cultural expectations.

29. Refusing to let friendships run their course.

30. Not playing with your kids enough.

31. Never taking a big risk (especially in love).

32. Not taking the time to develop contacts and network.

33. Worrying too much.

34. Getting caught up in needless drama.

35. Not spending enough time with loved ones.

36. Never performing in front of others.

37. Not being grateful sooner.



Everyone makes mistakes and the point is to not repeat them. You get into trouble thinking you can handle sin and making excuses for sinners, including yourself. Follow the Bible in the Law to keep you from destroying yourself and others, and in patience apply Grace to other idiot Christians who are fond of sucking the hind tit and thinking they are Jesus second coming.

John Wayne summed up the essence of his life, Big Jake and The Shootist, as these lines came from his father who taught him.

"I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I will not allow them to be done to me."

"I once stuck my nose into somebody else's business when I was 17 years old and it damned near got me killed and I will never do that again".

"If someone insults you, they meant to insult you and if I insult you I meant it too".

Lastly never become responsible for other people's problems or debt. They got into their own shit hole and have to get out themselves. You can always hose them off though when they get out, but don't let them into the house, for about how long it takes to dry off and the stench to wear off, because that time will prove if they learned the lesson or not

One more thing, do not ever make the mistake in projecting what you would do onto others, as they ain't you and if you are standing around thinking about a situation, you are already dealing with someone with worse morals than you, and if you stick around you are going to get your ass handed to you in another regret.


No one ever says, I am glad I went broke, pleased I married a whore or took that first snort of coke.

- Lame Cherry


agtG