Monday, September 24, 2018

Lame Cherry German Lua Pork





As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

I am basically a NO SLOW COOKER ZONE as my first experiences with this were the mother's squaw cooking which was some sort of stew that tasted like overdone shit.
I might not remember the best food I ever ate, but I sure as hell remember the worse.

That is not to say that I have not used slow cookers, as when I had some time and money, I used to shoot Shoveler ducks in the morning, bring them home, clean them by 9, let them soak until noon in baking soda water, and then with an apple inside, turn them into something edible.
Otherwise though, I hate slow cookers.


Except for my German Lua Pork.


It is a simple pulled pork recipe and if you are poor like me, you can get a good sized chunk of pork shoulder or picnic as we used to call them, as that was a picnic ham piece for around 6 bucks.Season it with however you like and you can eat pulled pork sandwiches for a week.
I like the with TL's cukes, peppers and onions or fridge pickles.

The recipe is really simple in I just douse the pork in the crock pot with some hickory liquid smoke

Then salt the hell out of it.
Pepper the same
Give it a good shot of paprika so you know it has color there.
And about a tablespoon of rosemary leaves in the bottom with about 2 inches of water.

Be careful of the water as meat is pumped so full of that filler that it always gets wetter in a pot.

I turn this on high, usually sitting on my chicken brooder which is a metal stock tank for four hours or however long it takes for me to get back to it, and viola, you have pulled pork.


Always the kitten lover, I then take the juice and mix in oatmeal and it turns into a paste the farm cats love.


I always used Bullseye bbq sauce on sandwiches as no matter what you do to meat, it gets lost in the bread, unless it is a real smoker, and then the Bullseye is nice addition. It is hard to figure out what the flavor of this meat is, but it is the paprika.
I don't like adding onion or vinegar to modern pork as it is usually too sour already. So I stick with sweet herbs which is the paprika and rosemary, and this stuff will stand alone on your plate in being spiced enough.


Well that is the recipe for the poor as that is about all that is left as what poor folks used to eat in hamburger, sardines, oysters and ham are now too expensive, but pork is ok, but it is still pork anyway you eat it, and I do not like pork.


Nuff Sai




agtG