Sunday, September 15, 2019

Staring at the Green Door





There were two rock bands who had no rivals in music production and quality which dwarfed the Beatles and all other groups in the industry. I speak of Jeff Lynn of ELO and the passing of Ric Ocasek of The Cars.


Ric Ocasek, the idiosyncratic lead singer and chief songwriter of the 1970s and 80s hook-heavy hitmakers The Cars, died on Sunday at his home in Manhattan. He was 75.

There are people who should not die. Bob Denver of Gilligan's Island, John Wayne as there are not ever any replacements and you were glad they were in this miserable ass world making things better.

The lead of The Cars was such a creative light. I am saddened by his passing. I have playing Dangerous Type at the moment in a long list of Cars music which I have and there is not a song in their recordings that I dislike as each is distinct and a real rock song.

Drive is one of the most powerful ballads recorded. Equal to the Scorpions work out of Germany. I would that I had one tenth of Ric Ocasek's talent and I would have been happy with a half dozen rock hits.

My condolences to his family, friends, band and fans.

Hell of a way to end another shit day.


Nuff Said






You might have forgot
The journey ends
You tied your knots
You made your friends
You left the scene
Without a trace
One hand on the ground
One hand in space









agtG